With mortgage rates hitting record lows due to COVID-19, WalletHub has released a report on 2020’s Best Real Estate Market and, no surprise here, Austin ranks in the top 10!
The site compared 300 cities to determine the most attractive real-estate markets in the U.S. Median home-price appreciation, home sales turnover, and job growth were just three of the factors considered in the rankings.
Austin ranks 7th overall and 3rd among large cities.
Here’s where other categories of the Austin real estate market rank (1=Best; 150=Average):
- 42nd – Average Days Until Sale
- 54th – Job Growth Rate
- 102nd – Foreclosure Rate
- 54th – Percent of Delinquent Mortgage Holders
- 17th – Population Growth Rate
Want to know more about the rankings and research? View the full report here.
Looking to learn more about the Austin real estate market?
Check out these posts:
- Here’s How To Decide On Buying A Home Vs Renting An Apartment In Austin
- Austin Rent Prices Have Gone Up More Than Any US City
- Survey Says You Need an Annual Salary Of $136,500 To Be Happy In Austin
- A Guide to Living in East Austin
- These Are the Top 5 Reasons To Love The South Congress Neighborhood of Austin, Texas
- The Mueller Neighborhood Just Keeps Getting Bigger and Better