Listen to this post with Alexa!
As the city continues to slowly start getting back to business, we’re profiling some of our favorite areas of Austin. Whether these neighborhood spots are already open OR planning their re-opening, we can’t wait to show them some love!
Now it’s time to talk Central Austin!
You’re definitely in Longhorn territory by the UT campus, though you still have the fun nightlife of downtown. There are lots of casual bars and eateries, plus charming homes mixed into the apartment complexes.
Looking for a bite to eat?
Check out these local restaurants:
- Via 313: 3016 Guadalupe Street
- Olamaie: 1610 San Antonio Street
- Red Ash: 303 Colorado Street
- Black’s Barbecue Austin: 3110 Guadalupe Street
- Austin Land & Cattle: 1205 North Lamar Boulevard
Ready for a cocktail?
Check out these bars to get your drink on:
- The Roosevelt Room: 307 West 5th Street
- Haymaker: 2310 Manor Road
- Cheer Up Charlie’s: 900 Red River Street
- Garage: 503 West Colorado Street
- Here Nor There: 612 Brazos Street
You’ll definitely need a morning coffee after a night downtown.
Head to one of these coffee shops:
- Austin Java: 301 West 2nd Street
- Wright Bros. Brew and Brew: 500 San Marcos Street
- Figure 8 Coffee Purveyors: 1111 Chicon Street
- Little Brother – Coffee & Bar: 89 Rainey Street
- Irene’s: 506 West Avenue
Got some downtime?
Check out these shops all located within walking distance of each other:
- Luxe Apothetique: 201 West 2nd Street
- Toy Joy: 403 West 2nd Street
- Austin General Store: 213 West 2nd Street
- Eliza Page: 229 West 2nd Street
- Hemline: 233 West 2nd Street
Looking to sight see for a bit?
There are plenty of fun spots below:
- The Boardwalk at Lady Bird Lake: 1820 South Lakeshore Boulevard
- Texas Capital: 1100 Congress Avenue
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Statue: 210 Ann and Roy Butler Hike and Bike Trail
- Willie Nelson Statue: ACL Live at Moody Theater, 310 West 2nd Street
- ATX Rainbow Sign: Whole Foods Market, 525 North Lamar Boulevard