As the city slowly starts getting back to business, we’re profiling some of our favorite areas of Austin and talking about local spots we can’t wait to visit once they re-open (and we decide it’s safe to venture out).
We already highlighted businesses in South Austin.
Now, we’re serving up the best eats and treats available in East Austin!
East Austin is an incredibly diverse area and it’s growing rapidly. You can find bungalows with hip cocktail bars on every corner. The food scene is eclectic and you’re bound to discover some of the city’s best street art!
Looking to eat like a local?
Try these restaurants:
- Kemuri Tatsu-Ya: 1201 East 6th Street
- Launderette: 2115 Holly Street
- Jacoby’s Restaurant & Mercantile: 3235 East Cesar Chavez
- Licha’s Cantina: 1306 East 6th Street
- Justine’s Brasserie: 4710 East 5th Street
Want to drink like an Austinite?
Here are some of our favorite bars:
- Whisler’s: 1816 East 6th Street
- Shangri-La: 1016 East 6th Street
- Nickel City: 1133 East 11th Street
- Lazarus Brewing Co.: 1902 East 6th Street
- Kitty Cohen’s: 2211 Webberville Road
Grab your morning pick me up at one of these coffee shops:
- Cenote: 1010 East Cesar Chavez
- Cuvee Coffee Bar: 2000 East 6th Street
- The Buzz Mill: 5012 East 7th Street
- Quickie Pickie: 1208 East 11th Street
- Revival Coffee: 1405 East 7th Street
Shop local at one of these popular boutiques:
- Solid Gold: 1601 East 5th Street
- Soul Studio: 2511 East 6th Street
- ARO: 906 East 5th Street
- esby apparel: 1605 East Riverside Drive
- Olive: 1200 East 11th Street
And don’t forget to keep your eye out for street art!
Here are a few of our East Austin faves:
- You’re My Butter Half: 2000 East Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard
- Black History Tribute: 12th Street and Chicon
- MLK Tribute: Sam’s BBQ, 2000 East 12th Street
- ‘Til Death Do Us Part: East 7th and Waller
- Let’s Band Together: Whisler’s, 1816 East 6th Street
Want to know more about some of Austin’s best restaurants, bars, and more? Check out these posts: