Listen to this post with Alexa!
As the city slowly starts getting back to business, we’re profiling some of our favorite areas of Austin and talking about local spots we can’t wait to visit once they re-open (and we decide it’s safe to venture out).
North Austinites, here’s our list of spots to visit:
North Austin is comprised of quaint, quiet neighborhoods with local business gems tucked away. With these spots being just about a 15 minute drive from downtown, you have tons of access to great spots outside of the hustle and bustle that is The Domain.
The City of Austin has temporarily banned public gatherings. Please stay home. The Austin.com calendar is only for live digital events at this time.
Here are our favorite local spots to grab a bite to eat:
- Honest Mary’s: multiple locations
- Southside Market & Barbeque: 10515 North Mopac Expressway
- Korea House Restaurant: 2700 West Anderson Lane
- The Peached Tortilla: 5520 Burnet Road
- Olive & June: 3411 Glenview Avenue
- Revelry on the Boulevard: 6215 N. Lamar Boulevard
Grab a cocktail at these local bars:
- Lala’s Little Nugget: 2207 Justin Lane
- Workhorse Bar: 100 North Loop Boulevard E
- Barfly’s: 5420-B, Airport Boulevard
- The Hideout Pub: 12164 TX-1 Loop
- drink.well.: 207 East 53rd Street
Fuel up with some coffee or pastries at these joints:
- Malone Specialty Coffee: 14735 Bratton Lane
- Genuine Joe Coffeehouse: 2001 West Anderson Lane
- Lazydaze + Coffeeshop: 1738 West Anderson Land
- Monkey Nest Coffee: 5353 Burnet Road
- Thunderbird Cafe & Tap Room: 1401 West Koenig Lane
Looking for a little something special for yourself or a gift?
Check out these local boutiques:
- Atown: 5502 Burnet Road
- Karavel Shoes: 5501 Burnet Road
- Blue Velvet: 217 West North Loop Boulevard
- Wildflowers Boutique: 3800 North Lamar Boulevard
- Kick Pleat: 624 North Lamar Boulevard
Want to make a pit stop in North Austin? Here are some of our favorite things to check out:
- Diagonal Rainbow Stripes: Sirens Salon, 4207 Medical Parkway
- Sweet You’re Here: Kellie’s Baking Company, 5245 Burnet Road
- “Austin Is Where My Heart Is” Birds: Eric Bramlett Residential Real Estate, 5202 Burnet Road
- Love is What I Got: 6215 North Lamar Boulevard (Behind Revelry)
- EyeJoy: 5209 North Lamar Boulevard
Want to check out more Austin street art? Check out our giant list!