East Austin sure has changed over the last decade. From stylish new homes to trendy restaurants, luxury apartments and kitschy modern hotel/ motels, the Eastside has a lot to offer. And speaking of hotel/ motels – not Holiday Inn though (that joke’s for all our old school hip hop loving readers), East Austin Hotel is one of the coolest places in town to plan a fall getaway or staycation.
Located on East 6th Street, right in the middle of all the East Side action, locally owned and operated EAH is retro yet modern with chic accents that are quite comfortable. While the pool is a big draw (we’ll get to more on that in a minute), an overnight here is a great escape from daily life and will give you a chance to truly relax and refresh.
On the night of our staycation, a storm was rolling in, but that certainly did not prevent us from enjoying food and drink from Sixth and Waller at the poolside patio before heading to the room for an evening of mindful meditation.
And speaking of putting your mind at ease, East Austin Hotel is taking all precautions to keep you safe.
- Guests are required to wear face coverings upon entering, leaving, or moving about the premises in any common spaces.
- All employees wear masks at all times.
- Hand sanitizer is provided and guests are encouraged to use it throughout the building.
- The staff is regularly disinfecting all areas of high touch, including elevators and corresponding buttons, the front desk, all door handles, etc.
- All employees are required to have their temperature taken upon arrival and go through the proper process to determine that they have not been exposed to COVID-19. Any employee showing signs of COVID-19 will be sent home and will not be allowed back to work until cleared by a medical professional.
For more info on how rooms are sanitized, click here.
Plan a Pool Day At East Austin Hotel
Here’s more good news! If you can’t make a staycation work, you can still plan a pool day! The hotel is offering passes for their Palm Springs inspired pool to locals for $30 for a three hour window. AND the pass includes parking and Wi_Fi.
Safety protocols are being taken at the pool as well. Everyone is required to wear a mask when up and moving about and all areas are sanitized between guests. Oh, and don’t forget to bring your own towel as poolside towel service is not offered at this time.