We already shared tips on how to stay calm when traveling via airplane. Now, we’re talking about taking a road trip! All that time in the car is sure to raise your anxiety level – and probably try your patience as well.
Wellness expert and Austin.com contributor Gustavo Padron is back to share some techniques to help keep your cool on the road.
Here Are 5 Ways to Ease Anxiety When Taking A Road Trip This Summer
- Mentally prepare yourself for the trip. Visualize yourself getting to your destination healthy and happy. Visualization is a powerful tool that you can use to foster a positive mindset.
- Make a bomb playlist, download a podcast, or an audible book. Spending a ton of time on the road can feel boring and lonely. Dance and sing your little heart out with a fun playlist or use this time to learn something new from a podcast/ book.
- Pack your favorite snacks. If long road trips make you feel uneasy, having your favorite snacks handy will make the trip much more enjoyable. I am currently obsessed with the Almond Butter Pretzels from Trader Joe’s. And, of course, there’s always Bucc-ees to help with ALL your road trip needs.
- Take a pit stop every few hours to walk around and stretch. Keeping your body limber and flexible will keep your blood and energy flowing freely.
- Rest! When you get tired, pull over to a rest stop and take a nap. If your trip is more than eight hours, you should consider spending the night at a hotel to decompress before you get to your destination. Don’t push yourself! Remember – your trip should be fun and enjoyable.
For more motivation and wellness tips including yoga, strength, and meditation practices, follow Gustavo on Instagram and TikTok.
Photos via Pexels.com