- Alamo Kids Camp – Friday, July 25, Saturday, July 26 and Sunday, July 27. See Frankenweenie at Alamo Drafthouse Village (2700 West Anderson Ln, Austin), Annie at Alamo Drafthouse Slaughter (5701 W Slaughter Ln, Austin) or Rio at Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline (14028 N US Hwy 183, Bldg F, Austin). Verify showtimes before heading out as they frequently change. All Alamo Kids Camp screenings are FREE! Tickets are available at the box office on the day of the show, and seating is first come, first served. No children under the age of 3 will be admitted. Families with loud children will be asked to leave.
- Music Under the Star – Friday, July 25 from 6-9 p.m. This is the final night of the Bullock Museum’s FREE summer concert series, Music Under the Star. Bring your camp chairs and blankets (but no coolers, please) and dance the evening away to the hottest sounds in Austin. Free parking is available in the museum’s garage after 6 p.m. This week, hear Jason Roberts Band and Ray Benson & Milkdrive. Bullock Texas State History Museum’s Lone Star Plaza, 1800 N Congress Ave, Austin.
- Dive In Movie (Kyle) – Friday, July 25 at 7 p.m. See a FREE screening of Surf’s Up! Kyle Pool will close at 7 p.m. and all patrons must leave the pool. Pool staff will begin handing out admission tickets at 7 p.m., until all 230 tickets are handed out. One ticket per person, no exceptions (if you have children, please make sure they are in line with you at the time tickets are being handed out). The pool gates will reopen at 8 p.m. and only admit the 230 people with admission tickets. If you do not have a ticket, you will not be admitted. All regular pool rules apply to all attending, and maximum pool complex capacity is 230. Gates open at 8 p.m. and pool closes 30 minutes after conclusion of the movie. City of Kyle Pool, 1100 W Center St, Kyle.
- Children’s Musical: Too Many Stories (Pflugerville) – Friday, July 25 at 7:30 p.m. The Austin Scottish Rite Children’s & Community Theater presents a new play celebrating storytelling and adventure. Kallie catches Sam and Bogus getting away with loot they’ve stolen from a department store. With the help of the children in the audience, a smart little girl outwits and exhausts the bad guys through story, music, and improvisation. Bring lawn chairs and blankets. FREE! Pfluger Park, 515 City Park Road, Pflugerville.
- Zilker Summer Musical: Oklahoma! – Friday, July 25, Saturday, July 26, and Sunday, July 27 at 8:30 p.m. Set in a Western Indian territory just after the turn of the century, this high-spirited rivalry between the local farmers and cowboys provides a colorful backdrop for Oklahoma!, one of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s most cherished collaborations. Read what to know before you go. FREE! The City of Austin charges $5.00 per car for parking in Zilker Park. Zilker Hillside Theater, 2201 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Classic Cartoon Community Cinema: Looney Tunes – Friday, July 25 at 8:30 p.m. Come be a kid again while enjoying free popcorn, cereal, and cartoons. Be sure to bring blankets, towels, or folding chairs. Seating starts at 8:30 p.m.; showing starts at around 9 p.m. Concessions are first come, first served until they run out. FREE! The Fellowship at Scofield Farms, 12424 Scofield Farms Dr, Austin.
- Alamo Kid’s Club: Pete’s Dragon – Saturday, July 26 at noon. Enjoy a FREE 35mm screening of Pete’s Dragon (1977)(G). The movie starts at noon, but seating is first come, first served, so be sure to arrive early! Only children age 3 and up will be permitted to attend. Alamo Drafthouse Ritz, 320 E 6th Street, Austin.
- Tribute Day at the Wildflower Center – Sunday, July 27, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Enjoy exhibits and children’s activities all day. Play in the new Family Garden and participate in crafts, story time and more. Admission is FREE! Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, 4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin.
- Austin Symphony Concerts in the Park – Sunday, July 27 at 7:30 p.m. Each Sunday, a different ensemble of the Austin Symphony will be featured at the Hartman Park, located on the grounds of the Long Center. This week, you can enjoy Big Band music. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring a picnic dinner and blanket and make it a group outing. FREE parking will be available at One Texas Center, located on Barton Springs Rd. at S. 1st Street. Paid parking will be available at the Palmer Garage for $7. Hartman Concert Park (directions), Long Center, 701 W. Riverside Drive, Austin.
- Movie Night at TOMS: 10 Things I Hate About You – Sunday, July 27 at 8:15 p.m. One thing you won’t hate about movie night this month is the selection. Bring your 90s inspired outfits and kick back for a showing of 10 Things I Hate About You, starring young stars Julia Stiles, Heath Ledger, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Rated PG-13. FREE! Read more about the Austin TOMS store here. TOMS, 1401 South Congress Ave, Austin.
You may also be interested in:
- Free Indoor Fun for Babies in Austin
- Playground Feature: Southpark Meadows
- Free Fun Calendar
- Austin Summer Fun Checklist for Kids
And please enter our giveaways: