Thanks to KXAN for sharing our picks for free weekday fun:
- Jose-Luis Orozco Family Concert – Monday, October 13 at 6:00 p.m. Hola Amigos! Join Jose-Luis Orozco for a family concert, where your children will sing, dance, clap, and laugh, all while learning basic language and literacy skills in an interactive musical experience. To RSVP, email [email protected] FREE! ESB-MACC, 600 River St, Austin.
- National Fossil Day Celebration – Wednesday, October 15 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Meet paleontologists from Texas Memorial Museum and the Paleontological Society of Austin to learn about collecting fossils and the fabulous fossil record of Texas. Explore the exhibits in the Hall of Geology and Paleontology and discover ancient Austin. FREE! Texas Memorial Museum, 2400 Trinity St, Austin.
- Yoga in the Park – Wednesday, October 15 at Noon. Yoga Yoga is proud to offer an all level Hatha Yoga class. Please bring your own yoga mat to class. FREE! Republic Square Park, 422 Guadalupe, Austin.
- Dinner and a Movie in the Plaza (Round Rock) – Wednesday, October 15 at 6:00 p.m. Movies in the Plaza continues with Ratatouille at 7:30 p.m. Music begins at 6 p.m. Fire in the Hole will be onsite selling refreshments. Rated G. FREE! Main Street Plaza, 221 E Main St, Round Rock.
- Conspirare’s Big Sing 1 – Thursday, October 16 at 6:15 p.m. Big Sing is a community event where the audience becomes the choir! Presented in conjunction with the Blanton’s special exhibition “James Drake: Anatomy of Drawing and Space (Brain Trash),” this Big Sing incorporates a variety of songs with diverse subject matter and influence. Songs will range from cowboy tunes reminiscent of West Texas to Classical works and will span styles and time periods. Craig Hella Johnson leads each Big Sing gathering in vocal warm-ups and short, melodic songs that can be easily learned. The Big Sing is open to everyone, regardless of musical training and experience. Through a fun, no-pressure group singing experience, audience members learn basic vocal technique and sing as one with hundreds of others. FREE! Blanton Museum of Art, 200 E Martin Luther King Junior Blvd, Austin.
For many more free events happening around town this week, be sure to check out What’s Up? Weekly (October 13-17).