The festival is a blast for people of all ages, from the kids to the neighbors, the teens to the baby-boomers, the dogs, and everybody in between! With contests and prizes for ice cream-eating, pop-sickle-stick sculpture, and even homemade ice cream making, this festival has something for everyone. So, you should definitely go! But, if you are reading this sometime after 2016’s happening and the annual festival is still a way’s off, don’t worry — this info is all still valid, and it’s never too late to start your training.
1. This festival can get VERY DECADENT, because that’s how we roll.
To dive in head-first, try the cheddar-cheese ice-cream sandwich at Qui Austin.
2. Amy’s Ice Creams, both a good place to begin your endurance-trial and a forever fave in the ATX.
3. Stray from the beaten path to check out up-and-comers, like south-Austin’s own Lick: Honest Ice Creams.
We're celebrating #nationalicecream month in more ways than one, y'all. Make your ice cream fancier than ever with dewberry sauce and cone crumbs! We recommend topping some Lemon Lavender scoops for a ridiculously photogenic and quintessentially #Texas #sundae. Available through the month of July! #lickhonesticecreams #austin #sanantonio #summer #icecream #lickyall #fourthofjuly
4. Go the distance with colorful, creative combinations from Swift’s Attic.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Is there anything better on a hot August day than an ice cream sundae? Get your fix with our seasonal dessert feature Easy Like Sundae Morning, with @hausbarfarmsatx duck egg vanilla ice cream, chocolate Earl Grey ice cream, strawberry ice cream, chocolate caramel, hazelnut crunch, and caramelized white chocolate pearls. #eatswiftly #eatlocal #dineatx #beattheheat
5. Beat the heat and prepare for the meet with creamy goodness at Venezia Italian Gelato.
Hit ‘next’ to see the rest.