Think you’ve got a solid social network? Well, here’s your chance to prove it! Social City Dash – Austin is a one-day event where teams of two or more (two adults maximum, kids are free, families are always welcome) use social media to solve clues, overcome challenges, and complete tasks, while learning cool things about Austin. In a nutshell, the Social City Dash is “…a family-friendly, community-oriented, urban adventure race for the social media savvy.”
Our friends at the Dash, as they call it, have given us 10 free team admissions to give away!
To enter your team in the Social City Dash for free, be one of the first ten to visit the event registration page and use the promo code freefun.
If the free spots have already been spoken for, Free Fun in Austin readers can register for 90% off through Saturday, August 30, 2014. Register your team for just $9.80 (regular, full-price admission is $98)!
The Social City Dash will be held on October 18, 2014 in downtown Austin. Registration will begin at 11 a.m. The Dash begins at noon and will take most teams 2-4 hours to complete. The first few teams to complete the Dash will win cash and prizes!
How does it work? Register your team for the Dash. Then, join other members of your community to test your social media prowess. Use your mobile device, your social network, and your noggin to follow clues about your city and possibly win prizes for your whole family.
Although it’s a family friendly event, here are a few things you should know prior to registration:
- Participants must complete the Dash on foot
- Public transportation is allowed when possible
- Most physical tasks will be easy enough for the typical 7-year-old to complete
- All teams are required to arrive on time with a smart phone capable of using the most popular social media apps
- A complete list of the different social media used will be provided before the day of the Dash
- Each team will determine their own route to complete the course
- The #1 goal of the Social City Dash is to have fun
If you have any questions, or would like to nominate a local charity to partner with and benefit from the race, please contact: