The Round Rock Express is throwing open the gates to Dell Diamond on Saturday, March 26, 2016, and inviting the community to attend their annual Fan Fest! Head to Dell Diamond for free, family-friendly fun, kicking off with an Easter Egg Hunt at 10 a.m.
From 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on March 26, the Round Rock Express will welcome baseball fans of all ages to join in the spring training fun, with Fun Zone Free Play, live music, a petting zoo, fan batting on the field, and more! Don’t miss this annual celebration of America’s pastime. The 2016 Fan Fest offers something for everyone!
Fans attending this year’s event can take batting practice on the field, throw heat in the Express home bullpen, and participate in a hot dog eating contest. Beer and wine tasting, as well as a sampling of Greenhouse Craft Food will also be available. Young fans will also have the opportunity to take their picture with the Easter Bunny.
2016 Express Fan Fest Schedule (10 a.m. – 2 p.m., unless otherwise noted):
- Baseball Card Photos: Get your baseball card photo taken in the Express clubhouse – just like the pros!
- Batting Practice: Fans are invited down to the field to take a few cuts at home plate. The Express will provide helmets and bats.
- Beer and Wine Tasting: Brown Distributing will be providing beer tasting in the Beer Garden while Barefoot will be sampling their products on the concourse from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Ben Hur Shriner’s Carnival: The west parking lot will host the Ben Hur Shiner’s Carnival.
- Bullpen Pitching: Think you can throw some heat? Toe the rubber like the pros and toss a few pitches in the Express home bullpen!
- Easter Egg Hunt (10 a.m.): Fans 12 and younger will be allowed on the field for a fun Easter egg hunt from 10 – 10:30 a.m.
- Express Fun Zone: Portions of the Express Fun Zone will be open, including the rock climbing wall, speed pitch, sport court and the bounce house. The area will also feature balloon twisters and a concert by Midnight Butterfly (11:30 -12:30).
- Glove Drive benefitting RBI Austin: Bring a used baseball glove to donate to RBI Austin and receive a 10% discount in the Railyard Team Store. (May be combined with other offers.)
- Greenhouse Craft Food Tasting: Stop by the Intel Club as Greenhouse Craft Food presents a wide sampling of their new food offerings coming to Dell Diamond this season (11 a.m.).
- Hot Dog Eating Contest: Open to all fans, the competition will take place at noon. Fans can sign up ahead of time online.
- Individual Game Tickets: Tickets to individual games will be available for purchase during Fan Fest at the Dell Diamond ticket office and online at www.RoundRockExpress.com.
- Petting Zoo: The area under the first base gate awning will transform into a petting zoo filled with a variety of Spike’s four-legged friends.
- Railyard Sale: Stop by the Railyard Team Store and check out our annual sale.
- Season Tickets: Available season ticket seats will be tagged with flags highlighting Full Season and Fireworks Plus plans.
- Spike’s Junior Sluggers Kids Club Sign-Up: Young fans will be able to sign up for Junior Sluggers in the Railyard Team Store.
- The Mustang Owners Club of Austin Charity Car Show: Come check out some of the coolest rides around in the suite parking lot (adjacent to Hwy 79).
- Scavenger Hunt: Fans will embark on a self-guided tour of various areas of Dell Diamond. Each location will have a clue that will give fans more information on a unique aspect of the stadium and a hint for the next stop on the tour. Any fan who successfully completes the scavenger hunt will receive a Be Our Guest Card, good for two reserved-seat tickets for a regular-season Sunday through Thursday home game.
- Train Rides: Take a ride on the E-Train! Free train rides will be available outside of the United Heritage Center.
- WCCHD Children’s Health Festival: The 2016 Williamson County & Cities Health District Children’s Health Festival will take place in the United Heritage Center. The annual event highlights the importance of physical activity, healthy eating and child safety.
Want a chance to win free season tickets? Try to Swing for Your Seats from 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. By placing a 50% deposit on full season tickets during Fan Fest, fans will have eight pitches to hit a home run and get their season tickets for free for the 2016 season. This promotion is open to new season ticket holders only.
Single game tickets will be on sale during Fan Fest at the Dell Diamond ticket office and online at www.RoundRockExpress.com. While at the stadium, fans will have the opportunity to scope out the exact seat location for their season tickets with packages including Full Season and Fireworks Plus plans. Registration for the Junior Sluggers Kids Club will also take place, plus great specials and giveaways. More 2016 season deals will be available in the Railyard Team Store!
Round Rock Express opens the 2016 season on the road before returning to Dell Diamond for the home opener on Friday, April 15, 2016 against the Iowa Cubs. For more information on the Express, visit www.RoundRockExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
3400 E Palm Valley Blvd
Round Rock, TX 78665