Important: Please apply for one program only. Applying to multiple programs can disqualify you from receiving assistance.
2014 deadlines to apply for assistance:
- Austin Blue Santa – December 5. Go here for more information.
- Williamson County Brown Santa – November 26. Go here for the application.
- Georgetown Blue Santa – December 1. For more information, please contact the Georgetown Police Department’s Blue Santa Project Manager, at (512) 930-2747.
- Travis County Brown Santa – December 5 at 5:00 p.m. Go here for instructions.
- Cedar Park Blue Santa – December 6 at 2:00 p.m. Go here for more information. Blue Santa Information Hotline: 512-260-4850 or 512-260-4742.
- Hays County Brown Santa – December 11. Apply in person at your local Justice of the Peace’s office. For more information, call 512-393-7877.
- Hill Country Christmas (Leander ISD) – December 11 by 8:00 p.m. Apply in person. Go here for registration events and requirements.
- Pflugerville Blue Santa – To request a Blue Santa assistance application, you must be a Pflugerville resident and provide proof of residence. Please contact Cpl. Dan Griffith for an application or go by the Travis County North Rural Center, 15822 Foothill Farm Loop, or the Pflugerville Justice Center and complete an application form. Delivery day is Saturday, December 20 between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., so applicants should make sure that someone is home during this time to receive the packages. Call 512-670-5514 for more information.
- Round Rock Blue Santa – December 12 by 4:00 p.m. Go here to apply for assistance.
- JB and Sandy Bikes for Kids – Head over here to nominate a kid to receive a free bike this Christmas.
For a list of additional programs, go here. Please note: The Green Santa Program may not be running this year but will start up again in 2015.
To donate to any of the programs listed above, please visit the links provided. Many accept monetary, presents, or food donations year round. In some cases, you can sponsor an individual family. Some programs hold events open to the public and others have physical location drop off points across the city.
Dawn M. Ambuehl-Sadek is a work-at-home mom of two girls: Maya, age 5 and Lila, 11 months. She has been writing in various mediums since she was in elementary school, including poetry, short stories, newsletter articles, and business writing. She currently serves as a teaching artist with Badgerdog and authors a blog focused on parenting and poetry.