With a record breaking 97% of eligible voters in Travis County registered, we are so proud of all of Central Texas! And though we aren’t the site you go to for news, we want to take this moment to remind you that whether you plan to vote early, vote by mail, or vote on election day, it doesn’t matter as long as you VOTE!
Remember to make a voting plan before you head to the polls. There are plenty of great resources available to help you prep. We suggest checking out Ilovevotingsomuch.org.
From yard signs to marquees around the city, Austinites are getting creative with their voting pride. Here are a few local ways people and businesses around the city are encouraging neighbors to VOTE!
Remember that early voting in Texas ends October 30th so make a plan, hit the polls (or post office), get a sticker, and you may even get rewarded for doing your part.
Several places around town are providing incentives in exchange for your “I Voted” sticker given out at the polls after casting your vote. Make sure you hold on to that badge of honor and take it to any of the following establishments for a free or discounted item!
- Slice at Home Slice Pizza
- 50% off a pint or your first flight at Vista Brewing
- Voter pack (hand sanitizer, poll locations / info and a mask) with the purchase of coffee at Texas Coffee Traders
- 8 oz cup of soup at Soup Peddler
- Cookie at Easy Tiger
- Tots at Flyrite Chicken
- Small chips and quest at Galaxy Cafe
- Breakfast taco at Marcelino’s
- Regular queso with any purchase at El Chilito
- Tea, coffee or side from Vic and Al’s
- Sugar cookie from Nates Baked Goods & Coffee
- Small order of J-pups from Austin Daily Press
- 2″ succulent from Desk Plants
- ‘Creek Power’ draft at Independence Brewing
- First pint for $1 from Circle Brewing Co.
- One macaron from La Patisserie
- Half-pint beer from St. Elmo Brewing
- Cinnamon sugar “bao-nut” from Bao’d Up
- Queso with a purchase of $25 or more from Manuel’s at Great Hills
- A scoop at Amy’s Ice Cream
- $1 Sunrise Cobbler cocktail with any purchase of food from P6
- Boba milk tea from 101 by Teahaus
- Beer during lunch hours for the next three Fridays at Launderette
- 10% off your purchase at Joes Bakery
- 10% off your purchase at Spread and Co
- 20% off your purchase at Lick Honest Ice Cream
- $1 off beer at Roughhouse Brewing
- 10% off your purchase at East Austin Hotel (all alcohol purchases must include food).
- Sake Bomb from The Jackalope (South Shore and Downtown location)
Additionally, the HOPE Campaign has teamed up with The Austin Common to encourage voters. They have three murals around town that they want you to interactive with and they’re hosting a giveaway of a Hops for HOPE Art & Beer box. All you have to do is tag them in the photos you take of the murals on display through November 3rd for you chance to win! Find all the giveaway details here including mural locations.
Be sure to bookmark this list because we will continue to update all the perks being offered around town!