This weekend brings us FREE spring fun all over town! There’s an eclectic festival, live music from one of the hottest young bands in town, Farmer’s Market fun, and a floral-inspired celebration with the Austin Symphony. As a bonus, check out Where to Hunt Easter Eggs in Austin for bunches of FREE Easter-themed fun.
Weekend Top 10 Free Events in Austin:
- Fusebox Festival – Friday from 10:00 a.m to midnight, Saturday from 9:00 a.m to 11:00 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 11:00 p.m. Part performance festival, part film festival, part music and visual art festival, part culinary and social event, part public art project, and everything in between, the festival is truly a multi-track experience, built on a deep belief in creating space for the unexpected, for discovery, for experimentation, and creativity. This year’s festival will feature over 100 unique performances, installations, talks, and events from all over the world. The festival is FREE to attend, but to help plan your festival experience, reservations to most performances and events are available here. A small percentage of tickets for each event will be available at the door for walk-ups. View full event schedule and locations here.
- Domain NORTHSIDE: Abloom – Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Domain NORTHSIDE is blossoming. Take part in spring-inspired activities at your favorite Domain NORTHSIDE and Rock Rose spots. Enjoy a bouquet of complimentary events, floral photo ops, and a selfie scavenger hunt with major prize packages, plus exclusive offers and specials, a chance to contribute to Austin Sunshine Camps, and giveaways galore. The Easter Bunny will be available for photos from 9:00 a.m. to noon. At 6:00 p.m. the Austin Symphony will give a special performance. Activities take place on the NORTHSIDE lawn. FREE! The Domain NORTHSIDE, 1700 Domain Blvd, Austin.
- Easter Egg Festival at the Capitol – Saturday from 9:30-11:00 a.m. Bring your cameras, blankets, Easter baskets, and a picnic lunch. Hosted by First United Methodist Church, this event is open to the public, so bring your friends and non-perishable food donations for the Capital Area Food Bank, or new plastic eggs to help with next year’s event. Barbeque and hot dogs will be available for sale with all proceeds supporting First UMC’s Eurasia Mission Team. A Stony’s Pizza food truck will be onsite with food available for purchase. FREE! Texas State Capitol, 1100 Congress Ave, Austin.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Austin Animal Center – Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The Easter Bunny is almost here, and he needs a loving home. Join Austin Animal Center for an Easter Egg hunt for homeless pets. From a “tiny tot egg hunt” for the smallest dogs to a bunny-petting station, to waived adoption fees, the Easter Bunny has delivered! You are invited to bring any types of treats and toys for cats, dogs, and even fresh veggies for the bunnies. Family friendly and FREE! Austin Animal Center, 7201 Levander Loop, Austin.
- Better Block Austin – Saturday from 2-6:00 p.m. The Better Block is a nationwide movement that seeks to educate, equip, and empower communities and their leaders to reshape and reactivate underutilized corridors and neighborhoods. Celebrate with a new farmers/makers market by REVELRY, transformed vacant lots for fitness and yoga sessions and pop-up park, upgraded Capital Metro stop, business facades and signage, live mural painting, sidewalk artwork, new neighborhood programming, an expanded food truck park, and so much more. And it wouldn’t be East Austin without live music. FREE! 12th St & Chicon St, 1818 E 12th St, Austin.
- Austin Playhouse Theatre for Youth Production: The Imaginators (RSVP) – Saturday at 2:00 p.m. Austin Playhouse, one of Austin’s most popular professional theaters, is excited to open their second FREE Theatre for Youth Production of The Imaginators this spring. After Tim and Anne move to a new town, their neighbor Nina takes them on a make-believe adventure to fight off a child-eating monster using only the boxes and junk in their garage. Dwayne Hartford’s imaginative show, targeted to grades 2-6, encourages children and adults alike never to lose their sense of play and creativity. Reservations are recommended. Austin Playhouse at ACC’s Highland Campus – South Entrance, 6001 Airport Blvd, Austin.
- Southpark Live: The Peterson Brothers – Saturday at 7:00 p.m. Experience the new Southpark Live at the Grove inside Southpark Meadows with one of the hottest young bands in town: The Peterson Brothers Band. This family friendly event features live music, a play area, and restaurant patios with a view. You can eat, you can drink, you can play, and you can rock! FREE! Southpark Meadows Shopping Center, 9500 South IH-35 Frontage Rd, Austin.
- Live Kids Music: Staci Gray – Sunday at 10:00 a.m. Bring your little ones to sing and stomp to the music of Staci Gray. FREE! Whole Foods Domain, 11920 Domain Dr, Austin.
- Spring Eggstravaganza – Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Let your little ones search high and low for treat-filled eggs (don’t worry, they’re compostable and eco-friendly!) Hot coffee, mimosas, and brunch will be ready and available for purchase. Plus, local favorite Staci Gray will play a kids’ concert after the hunt. Kids 0-3 will have their turn at the eggs first, from 11-11:30 a.m. Kids 4-6 will begin their search at 11:30 a.m. Staci Gray comes on at noon. In.gredients will also be providing paints and flower pots so kids can express themselves and decorate their own planters. Admission is FREE! In.gredients, 2610 Manor Rd, Austin.
- HOPE-y Easter – Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. There will be lots of fun hopping around this Easter Sunday at HOPE Farmer’s Market. #HOPEFMLive, story time with kids crafts, an Easter treasure hunt, face painting, imagination playground, contests, and more. FREE! HOPE Farmers Market, 412 Comal St, Austin.
Bonus Nearly Free Fun:
- Tiny Tails – Saturday from 1-5:00 p.m. Independence Brewing is hosting this family-friendly event complete with White Rabbit White Ale for the parents and a petting zoo (full of fluffy bunnies plus adorable baby animals) for both the kids and parents. These heart-warming baby animals are brought to you by Tiny Tails to You – Austin’s Traveling Petting Zoo. The petting zoo will be set up from 2-4:00 p.m. only, with a $2 charge per session. Plus, it isn’t a party without music! The Scrambled Yeggs will be onsite bringing the FUNk on this adorable day. Independence Brewing Co, 913 Todd Ln, Ste 607, Austin.
More Events Beyond Austin:
- Music in the Park: Kupira Marimba Band (Elgin) − Friday at 8:00 p.m. Featured at the Austin City Limits Festival, Kupira Marimba plays high-energy, family-friendly dance music on gigantic African xylophones. Inspiring audiences around the world to dance in celebration of life, Kupira’s foot stompin, heart pounding, hand clapping rhythms of joy are an unforgettable experience. FREE! Veterans’ Memorial Park, 109 Depot St, Elgin.
- Edible Books Contest (Cedar Park) − Saturday at 2:00 p.m. Enjoy sweet treats while checking out this display of the community’s culinary creativity–or join in the fun and bring your own entry. An edible book is a food-based creation that depicts a fictional or non-fictional literary work or literary character. Check out examples of past entries here. All ages welcome. FREE! Cedar Park Public Library, 550 Discovery Blvd, Cedar Park.