Sure, ACL Fest is a musical festival at its core. But it’s become so much more than that! As much as it’s about the music, it’s also about the food, the drinks, the shopping, the fashion, and the people-watching.
Though the ticket price can be steep, a fun festival weekend doesn’t have to break the bank. That’s because there are plenty of freebies to be found in and around the fest!
Here are a few of our favorite freebies at ACL:
- Start your day off right with a little pick me up (or get the energy you need to face the inevitable throngs trying to travel between Miley and George) at the Uber Rewards Tent (next to the Vrbo Stage). In past years, you could grab a free High Brew to help get you going.
- Keep your eyes peeled for Tito’s Around the Park! At the Tito’s Party in the Shack you can stock up on custom swag, get creative with a personalized dog tag, and sign up to become an official Tito’s Taster for free WIFI while you sit back and catch a set. Ever wanted to know how Tito’s Handmade Vodka came to be? Take a trip over 20 years back to right here in Austin, Texas and catch a glimpse of Mockingbird Distillery to see how our spirit got started. They will also have a claw machine and plinko to win prizes, lawn games and places to kick back and relax! One of those claw machine prizes is wristbands to check out the Tito’s Stillhouse Lounge.
- A specially designed t-shirt awaits those who spend some of their festival down time helping to keep the park clean with their Rock & Recycle program.
- Nothing beats the heat like staying hydrated, and because ACL cares about you and the environment, you just need to bring your reusable containers and head to the Camelback Water Stations for free, cool, filtered water to keep you going.
- Bumble will have an experiential pop-up at ACL called ‘The Hive’ for concert-goers to connect, communicate, and recharge. The experience will include phone charging stations, free merch, and a Bumble profile photo booth. For entry, just show your Bumble profile at the door.
Even More Freebies
- New for 2021, American Express will have a Refresh Station Vending Machine where Card Members can swipe their Amex to get complimentary face wipes, chapstick or a USB cell phone fan attachment. If guests register their wristband for ACL Cashless Payments with an AmEx Card, they will receive a $10 Cashless spend credit that can be used at ACL Fest. You can also claim a 20th anniversary commemorative patch designed by local artist Tom Jean Webb.
- Fans should look for the Amex QR codes located throughout the ACL Fest grounds, which they can scan to register to redeem various offers and perks. Those perks include: a clear sling bag, custom monogramming, a bonus scoop of a special Festival flavor ice cream with a minimum purchase of $6 or more at Amy’s Ice Cream, and a side of tater tots with a minimum purchase of $8 from Flyrite Chicken Sandwiches (while supplies last).
- At the Don’t Mess With Texas booth, festival goers can snag a bandana, sunglasses, a variety of pins, and even a pic with George Strait (don’t be fooled, it’s just a cut-out, y’all).
Freebies Outside the Fest
- If you walk down Barton Springs Road when heading into the fest you’ll get treated to all kinds of freebies. Some of the items we have snagged include: a variety of Red Bulls, CBD energy pills, a code for $10 off our next Uber trip, a coupon for free queso at Torchy‘s, and more!
- Stop by the Picnic Food Truck Park located at 1720 Barton Springs Road for a fun free event from Visible, the first all-digital wireless service in the US. Visitors can ride Visible’s mechanical bull and be eligible to receive free swag and Beats Headphones. All those who ride the bull will receive an emailed GIF to share on social media.
Aviator Nation is hosting an after party at the store on Saturday from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. Leyla Blue is performing, then local DJ Samsara (Samantha) follows. Don Julio + CANN are sponsoring.