Parenting — it’s one of the toughest jobs you’ll ever do, with the highest stakes, but also with the highest potential for joy… Well, maybe not so much joy in those moments when your kids are being defiant and talking back.
|Enjoying doing their laundry, thanks to Love and Logic!|
This course explores effective skills to help parents raise respectful, responsible children and lower parenting stress. The course focuses on children from birth to age six, but the principles and techniques apply to children of all ages. Read what other parents are saying about the course.
- Preserve and enhance the child’s self-concept.
- Teach children to own and solve problems.
- Share the control and decision making.
- Offer empathy, then consequences.
- Build the adult-child relationship.
|Learn techniques to avoid power struggles and make parenting less stressful.|
- Tuesday evenings, Sept. 2 – Sept. 30, 6:30 – 8:30 PM (childcare available) — Primrose School at Vista Ridge (901 N. Vista Ridge Blvd., Cedar Park, TX 78613)
- Saturday mornings, Sept. 13 & Sept. 20, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM — Abacus School of Austin (14115 Avery Ranch Blvd., Austin, TX 78717)
- Sunday evenings, Nov. 2 & Nov. 9, 4:00 – 7:00 PM — Toybrary Austin (7817 Rockwood Ln. #101, Austin, TX 78757)
|See the techniques in action. Private classes also available.|
Contact High Five Parenting:
To enter this parenting course giveaway, simply fill out the form below. By submitting the form, you are agreeing to the Sweepstakes Official Rules. One winner will be selected using random.org on Sunday, August 31, 2014, and notified by email.
If you cannot see the form below, please visit the original post to enter.
Catherine A. Morris is a writer as well as a once-and-future teacher, musician, jogger and triathlete living in southwest Austin, Texas. Yes, many of her former passions and pastimes have given way, at least for now, to her current, main passion and pastime: caring for her two toddlers, Pearl and Zephyr. Pearl and Zeph make Catherine and her husband laugh (and cry) on a daily basis, and give Catherine plenty of good reasons to seek out free, fun activities to keep everyone alive, engaged and happy from one moment to the next.