During the summer months, local children can receive free breakfast and lunch at locations all over town, through the Summer Food Service Program. The program is federally funded and any child between the ages of 1 and 18 can receive a free breakfast and lunch, regardless of economic status. No identification or registration is required. Meals are available on weekdays only. Serving dates and times vary by location.
Here are some links to help you find free meals this summer:
- Central Texas Food Bank has a map of Summer Food Service Program locations. The locations are also listed in a chart below the map, which you can download here (pdf). You can also call 2-1-1, text FOODTX to 877-877, or visit summerfood.org for help locating a site near you. For information in Spanish, click here.
- Austin Independent School District (AISD) is offering free lunch at 37 AISD schools. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. There will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Contact AISD Nutrition and Food Service Department at 512-414-0251 for more information on participating sites, program dates, and meal service times.
- Pflugerville ISD is offering free summer meals at these 8 schools.
- Leander ISD is offering free summer meals at 5 locations.
- Round Rock ISD is offering free breakfast and lunch at 11 locations. Round Rock Public Library is also offering free lunch on Fridays, from June 23 – August 4.
- San Marcos CISD is offering free meals for those under 18 at multiple locations. All San Marcos youth age 18 and younger may eat breakfast and lunch for free this summer, Monday to Friday. Breakfast is from 7:30-8:30 a.m.; Lunch is 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Adult trays are available for $3.00. Meals will be served June 5 through August 11.
- Hays CISD will provide free meals at 5 locations. Parents are welcome to eat with their children. Adults will be charged a nominal price for their meals.
- You can also search by zip code.
Participating sites, program dates, and meal service times are subject to change. For information regarding the Summer Nutrition Program please visit www.summerfood.org or call Texas 2-1-1.