Have a student in 6th to 8th grade who is an up and coming defensive lineman? If so, D-Line U is for them!
On Saturday, May 10, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., defensive linemen from around the country will come together to offer middle school students a free football experience unlike any other.
Often referred to as the “D-Line University,” for the large representation of defensive linemen playing in the NFL, University of Texas players have created a free football camp for 6th – 8th graders!
At D-Line University, kids will learn from All-Pro, Pro Bowlers, and other NFL vets. These players, also products of the local community, will return to share their knowledge of the game. Players will be teaching necessary techniques, run stopping fundamentals, pass rush moves, and the attitudes and intensity that are necessary to play in the trenches at a high level.
- Sam Acho: University of Texas, Arizona Cardinals
- Jason Babin: Western Michigan University, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tim Crowder: University of Texas, Denver Broncos
- Tommie Harris: University of Oklahoma, Chicago Bears
- Lamarr Houston: University of Texas, Oakland Raiders
- Jackson Jeffcoat: University of Texas, Future NFL Team
- Henry Melton: University of Texas, Chicago Bears
- Derek Lokey: University of Texas, Kansas City Cheifs
- Roy Miller: University of Texas, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Alex Okafor: University of Texas, Arizona Cardinals
- Frank Okam: University of Texas, New York Giants
- Brian Orakpo: University of Texas, Washington Redskins
- Kenneth Sims: University of Texas, New England Patriots
- Rod Wright: University of Texas, Miami Dolphins
Register for this free camp by April 5, 2014 and your child will get a free t-shirt!
For more information, visit the Kids Advantage Facebook page.
Vandegrift High School
9500 McNeil Dr
Austin, TX 78730