- 5:00 p.m. – Food and Games Booths Open
- 6:30 p.m. – Singing of Ramayan Chaupais
- 7:30 p.m. – Speech by Swami Nikhilanand
- 8:15 p.m. – Ram Leela & Dance Performances
- 8:45 p.m. – Offer Arti to Bhagwan Ram
- 9:30 p.m. – Dandia Garba (dancing) on Maha Raas Mandal (outdoors)
Diwali, also called Deepawali, is one of the most popular Hindu festivals. It is known as the festival of lights, in commemoration of the return of Bhagwan Ram to the city of Ayodhya, after having been away in the forest for 14 years. The happiness of the residents of Ayodhya knew no bounds as they cleaned every corner of their homes and decorated every building in the entire city with diyas (lights) in anticipation of Ram’s return.
For more information, visit the event website or the Facebook event page.
Radha Madhav Dham
400 Barsana Road
Austin, Texas 78737