National Geographic has a new series called Restaurants at the End of the World and it stars season 10 Top Chef winner Kristen Kish. During SXSW, Nat Geo hosted a special preview of the series, complete with a multi-course meal made by the Top Chef herself!
About Kristen Kish
After winning season 10 of Top Chef, Kish opened Arlo Grey, located in The Line hotel. Beyond Top Chef, Kish is also the host of 36 Hours on Travel Channel, a co-host of Fast Foodies on TruTV and the co-host of Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend. And soon, you can follow along on her adventures as the host of Nat Geo’s Restaurants at the End of the World.
Restaurants at the End of the World
Restaurants at the End of the World is a series that follows Kish as she learns from chefs who overcome the formidable challenges required to serve memorable meals in the most remote outposts on Earth. The four-episode docuseries explores distinctive eats and treats in Boquete, Panama; Svalbard, Norway; North Haven Island, Maine, U.S.A.; and Paraty, Brazil. The first episode is already available for streaming while the remaining three will air on Tuesdays of the following weeks.
Here’s a sneak peek of the docuseries:
While travel cooking shows have been done before, Kish brings a refreshing and relatable take on the subject of food. She meets amazing chefs on each episode of the series and shares what she learns with viewers. The docu-series proves that being a chef isn’t always as glamorous or as straightforward as we may think it is. At the SXSW event, we were treated to some dishes that were inspired by the places she visited during the new series.
Here’s what was served:
- Parker House Rolls with whipped butter, molasses, bee pollen
- Scallop Crudo with lavash, citrus, honey, yogurt
- Crunch Lettuce Salad with avocado dressing, pickled blueberries, torn sourdough
- Broiled Arctic Char with preserved lemon vinaigrette, carrot
- Torelloni with collard greens, bacon brodo, mascarpone
- 72 Hour Pastrami Beef Shortrib with charred eggplant, watercress, bitter greens
- TX Blue Corn Fritters with caramelized onion, gruyere, corn
- Strawberry Semifreddo with passion fruit whipped yogurt, puffed rice, pistachio, crispy meringue
The series is currently airing on Nat Geo and streaming the next day on Disney+.