- Music in the Park – Friday, September 18 from 6-8 p.m. Bring family and friends to enjoy this outdoor musical experience featuring entertainment by several Mueller residents who perform as Rare Birds In Flight. They are taking wing with their vibrant music, stirring lyrics, and stunning and surprising melodies and harmonies. FREE! Mueller Lake Park Amphitheater, 4550 Mueller Blvd, Austin.
- Artwork Dedication: Geode by Hunter Cross – Friday, September 18 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Meet artist Hunter Cross and learn more about Geode, the newest artwork in the Art in Public Places collection. The Austin Gem and Mineral Society will have activities for children, including fossil rubbings and examples of geodes from around the world. Light refreshments will be served. FREE! Northwest Greenway, Mueller (near the intersection of James Wheat & Robert Browning St.), Austin.
- Hello, Texas! Classical Music Recital – Friday, September 18 from 7-8:30 p.m. A Classical music recital featuring visitors from the Robert Schumann Konservatorium (Germany), Nayeon Kim (Korea), and students from Classical Music for the World, Austin. FREE but donations gratefully accepted. First Baptist Church of Austin, 901 Trinity St, Austin.
- Police Department Open House (Pflugerville) – Saturday, September 19 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Bring the family out to meet the officers, civilians and volunteers who work 24-7 to keep Pflugerville a safe and pleasant place to live. Prepare yourself for a fun-filled learning experience for all ages. Watch the video promo here. FREE! Pflugerville Justice Center, 1611 E Pfennig, Pflugerville.
- Austin Art in Public Places TEMPO: Omission – Saturday, September 19 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Juan Deleon’s project “Omission” includes as many as twenty 10′ inflatable white spheres arranged in various configurations at different sites. Join the Austin Art in Public Places Program for one of these very temporary one-day installations. Mary Moore Searight Metropolitan Park, 702 Decker Prairie Drive, Austin.
- Tết Trung Thu 2015 * Mid-Autumn Festival – Saturday, September 19 from 6-9 p.m. Join the Vietnamese American Community of Austin, Texas to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival. Admission is FREE! There will be live music, Lion Dance, and kids’ activities including face painting, twisted balloon animals, canvas painting, paper origami, and paper lantern making. Asian American Resource Center (AARC), 8401 Cameron Road Austin.
- Saturday Night Concert Series: The Deer (Bee Cave) – Saturday, September 19 from 7-9 p.m. Enjoy Saturday nights outdoors with live music and FREE kids’ activities. The music begins at 7 p.m. with The Deer in the Hill Country Galleria’s outdoor amphitheater. Bring a blanket to lounge on the grassy lawn during the show. Arrive early to ensure you get a SWAG bag filled with fun items and discounts from the Hill Country Galleria merchants and sponsors! Hill Country Galleria, 12700 Hill Country Blvd, Bee Cave.
- Austin Museum Day – Sunday, September 20; times vary. Enjoy FREE admission to more than 40 local institutions, plus special activities for Austin families to enjoy! To help you plan, we’ve selected ten fun options for your Austin Museum Day adventure. Or, you can see all participating locations on an interactive map here.
- Portraiture in the Park – Sunday, September 20 from 12-5 p.m. What does “Portraiture” mean? How many ways can you make a portrait? What stories do you tell? Think OUTSIDE the box! Find out through music, demos, exceptional art activities, caricatures, and more! Food trucks, photo booths, sculpting of all kinds, digital imaging, caricatures, screen printing, Typewriter Rodeo, and… karaoke! All FREE! Elisabet Ney Museum, 304 East 44th St., Austin.
- Identification Day – Sunday, September 20 from 1-5 p.m. Texas Memorial Museum will be open with FREE admission on this special Sunday, to host Identification Day. University scientists and experts from Central Texas will be on hand to identify natural objects such as fossils, bones, rocks and prehistoric archeological materials. Don’t miss this one-time only event. Texas Memorial Museum, 2400 Trinity St, Austin.
- Just Between Friends Kids’ and Maternity Consignment Event (Pflugerville) – Friday, September 18 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, September 19 from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. Just Between Friends merchandise is inspected to insure only high quality items will be sold. You can find clothing, toys, baby equipment, strollers, high chairs, cribs, joggers, nursery gear, sporting goods, maternity wear, baby carriers, play yards, play sets, coats, shoes and more, at discounted prices. $3.00 admission on Friday, or FREE with this coupon. On Saturday, admission is FREE for everyone; no coupon necessary. Hawaiian Falls Event Center, 18500 N SH 130 SVRD SB, Pflugerville.
- East Austin Handmade Arts Market Presents A Monster Party – Saturday, September 19 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. This FREE show is part of the uniquely Austin relaxed outdoor shopping experience of local artisans known as The East Austin Handmade Arts Market, which features creations in a wide variety of mediums, all handmade and appropriate for all ages. El Sapo, 1900 Manor Rd, Austin.
You may also be interested in: