- Chalk Walk (Round Rock) – Friday, October 3 from 5-9 p.m. and Saturday, October 4 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. This family-friendly event will be host to an array of art activities for all ages, including musical performances on multiple stages, food vendors, area businesses, and artists. Come see professional fine artists create their works before your eyes, and buy a square of asphalt for the weekend and create your own masterpieces. The Biscuit Brothers will perform on Saturday at noon on the Main Stage. See the full entertainment schedule. FREE! Centennial Plaza, 301 W Bagdad, Round Rock.
- Movies in Your Park at Mueller: The Jungle Book – Friday, October 3 at 6:30 p.m. Bring the kids and enjoy a FREE family-friendly movie at the Mueller Lake Park outdoor amphitheater. Make yourself comfortable by bringing snacks and blankets, but please no chairs or other equipment that could block the view of other attendees. Feel free to stop by one of the Mueller food trucks to purchase a quick bite to eat. Activities will start at 6:30 p.m. and the movie will begin at dusk. FREE parking is available in the McBee Parking Garage and along Simond Avenue. Mueller Lake Park Amphitheater, Corner of Aldrich St & Simond Ave, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (Cedar Park) – Friday, October 3 at 7:30 p.m. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs as there will be plenty of grass area available. Concessions will not be available; you are welcome to bring a picnic. Glass containers are prohibited. Rated PG. FREE! Elizabeth Milburn Park, 1901 Sun Chase Blvd, Cedar Park.
- The Home Depot Kids Workshop: EMS Truck – Saturday, October 4, from 9 a.m. – noon. Head to a Home Depot near you to build an EMS Truck for Fire Safety Month! This FREE hands-on workshop is designed for children ages 5 – 12. All kids get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin, while supplies last. Kids Workshop activities are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Please do not arrive before 9 a.m.
- Go Fish! at McKinney Falls State Park – Saturday, October 4, from 9 a.m. – noon. Families will learn the basics of fishing through fun, hands-on activities. Take away a fishing fun pack and enter the drawing for prizes. Equipment and bait provided or bring your own. No license necessary. Adults must accompany children. Bring sun protection and water. Registration start time is 9 a.m. This event is FREE with admission to McKinney Falls State Park ($6 for adults; FREE for kids 12 and under). 5808 McKinney Falls Parkway, Austin.
- 2014 Pfamily Pfestival and Expo (Pflugerville) – Saturday, October 4, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Stop by for the Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce Expo and opening day of Hawaiian Falls’ Pfall Pfestival! Children’s activities, a pumpkin patch, door prizes, merchant booths, performers, public safety displays. It’s a great way to learn more about Pflugerville and its businesses, events and opportunities! FREE admission, but activities have a fee. Click here for a coupon. Hawaiian Falls Adventure Park, 18500 N SH 130 Service Rd, Pflugerville.
- National Night Out Kick-Off Celebration – Saturday, October 4, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Join the Austin Police Department, Travis County Sheriff’s Office and other community partners for the 31st Annual National Night Out kick-off celebration! The FREE event will have food, games, booths and live music by The Peterson Brothers Band. Mueller Lake Park, 4550 Mueller Blvd, Austin.
- Hush Hush Music Bash – Saturday, October 4, from 5-8:30 p.m. Take the kids to boogie to live music just for them! Check out the awesome lineup of musicians, some of whom will also be performing at ACL: 5-5:30 Sugar Free Allstars; 5:45-6:15 Joe McDermott; 6:30-7:00 Elizabeth McQueen; 7:15-7:45 Tor Hyams; 8:00-8:30 Ralph Covert. There will also be sweet treats from Baked by Amy’s, cupcake decorating, a photo booth, face painting, a gaming zone, costumed characters, Imagination Playground Blocks, and more! This event is FREE and open to the public. In front of Dillard’s, next to Maggiano’s in the Domain, 11410 Century Oaks Terrace, Austin.
- First Sunday at Bullock Museum: Planes, Trains & Automobiles – Sunday, October 5, from noon – 5 p.m. Enjoy FREE exhibit admission during Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month. Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibits that showcase artifacts from around the state. This month, explore transportation across Texas in the past, present, and future with activities from 12 – 3 p.m. Great for ages 5 and up. Bullock Texas State History Museum, 1800 N. Congress Avenue, Austin.
- Sunday Fundays at Neill-Cochran House Museum – Sunday, October 5, from 1-4 p.m. The museum will be FREE and open to the public. Enjoy an activity highlighting pomanders, also known as Christmas oranges. Walk-through tours of the house will also be available. Neill-Cochran House Museum, 2310 San Gabriel St, Austin.
Free Fun in Austin is proud to sponsor the Hush Hush Music Bash. See you there!
You may also be interested in:
Check out our guides:
And enter our giveaways: