- Alamo Kids Camp – Friday, June 6, Saturday, June 7, and Sunday, June 8. Showtimes vary. See Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole at Alamo Drafthouse Village (2700 West Anderson Ln, Austin) or Mary Poppins at Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline (14028 N US Hwy 183, Bldg F, Austin). All Alamo Kids Camp screenings are FREE! Tickets are available at the box office on the day of the show, and seating is first come, first served. Only children age 3 and up are permitted to attend.
- That 70s Concert – Friday, June 6 and Saturday, June 7 at 8 p.m. An Austin Civic Orchestra tradition, no summer would be complete without the Pops Concert in Zilker Park. You might be lucky enough to be selected as guest conductor through a raffle. This year’s musical selections are pieces popular in the ’70s. Enjoy a wide array of familiar musical selections including songs from Barry Manilow, Led Zeppelin, Saturday Night Fever, and more. FREE! Zilker Hillside Theater, 2301 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Movie Night: The Nut Job – Friday, June 6 at 8 p.m. Get cozy under the stars for a night of fun featuring The Nut Job. Rated PG. Read about Catherine’s experience at last week’s movie here. Call for weather updates: 512-358-2460. FREE! Whole Foods Arbor Trails, 4301 W William Cannon Dr #800, Austin.
- Something for Nothing Presents Hamlet – Friday, June 6 and Saturday, June 7 at 8 p.m. Shake out your picnic blankets for a night of Shakespeare under the stars. Something for Nothing Theater will perform Hamlet with minimal props, costumes, and lighting, focusing on storytelling and the rich language of Shakespeare. Performed by a cast of 9 actors, featuring Jon Cook as Hamlet, Hamlet concludes at a brisk two hours. This is the final weekend of this production. FREE! Ramsey Park, 4301 N Rosedale Ave, Austin.
- Movie In The Park: Pee Wee’s Big Adventure – Friday, June 6 at 8:30 p.m. Remember the old drive-in movies on the big screen? Well, Dittmar Recreation Center is having a “flashback.” This is an opportunity to enjoy Pee Wee’s Big Adventure on the big screen in the middle of the park. Bring your blankets, lawn chairs, and snacks. Glass containers and alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Family friendly and FREE! Dittmar Recreation Center, 1009 W Dittmar Rd, Austin.
- Hasbro Saturday Morning Cartoon Breakfast – Saturday, June 7, from 8 – 10:30 a.m. ATX Television Festival and Hasbro Studios are creating that nostalgic morning for kids and parents alike with a family-friendly Saturday Morning Cartoon Breakfast! Come in pajamas (both little and BIG kids), grab some pancakes, and snuggle up on blankets to enjoy episodes of My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop and Transformers: Rescue Bots. Hasbro Studios will provide giveaways, interactive Smilebooth photo booth, and games! While attendance (and breakfast) is FREE, please RSVP if you plan to attend. Stephen F. Austin Intercontinental Hotel, 701 Congress Ave, Austin.
- Home Depot – Saturday, June 7, from 9 a.m. – noon. Kids are invited to build a pint-size riding lawn mower at this FREE hands-on workshop, designed for children ages 5 – 12. All kids get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin while supplies last. Kids Workshop activities are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Please do not arrive before 9 a.m. Register to attend at a Home Depot near you.
- Boardwalk Grand Opening – Saturday, June 7 at 10 a.m. Join The Trail Foundation and the City of Austin as they celebrate the grand opening of the Boardwalk on the Ann and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail at Lady Bird Lake. Themed “Run, Walk or Bike on Water,” the celebration will feature a ribbon cutting ceremony, a festive march across the Boardwalk, family entertainment and more! Lakeshore Trailhead, eastern end of the Boardwalk, Ann & Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail, Austin.
- Splash Bash at JCC – Sunday, June 8, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. JCC kicks off the summer with a pool party! Dive into summer and see what the JCC has to offer. Live music, food/drinks, inflatables, and much more. Fun for the whole family! FREE! Jewish Community Center, 7300 Hart Ln, Austin.
- Austin Symphony Hartman Foundation Concert in the Park – Sunday, June 8 at 7:30 p.m. Austin Symphony Hartman Foundation “Concerts in the Park” return to the Long Center for a 12th season of FREE ensemble concerts on Sunday evenings. Each Sunday, a different ensemble of the Austin Symphony will be featured at the Hartman Park, located on the grounds of the Long Center, performing music from jazz and light classical to pops selections and film scores. This Sunday, you can enjoy the Brass ensemble. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring a picnic dinner and blanket and make it a group outing. FREE Parking will be available at One Texas Center, located on Barton Springs Rd. at S. 1st Street. Paid parking will be available at the Palmer Garage for $7. Hartman Concert Park (directions), Long Center, 701 W Riverside, Austin.
Bonus fun in the ‘burbs:
- Music on the Square (Georgetown) – Friday, June 6, from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. This summer, enjoy live music on the Courthouse Square each Friday night in the Music on the Square Summer Concert Series. All concerts are FREE! This Friday you can enjoy the Georgetown Pipes and Drums Band. 710 S Main St, Georgetown.
- Romeo and Juliet (Round Rock) – Friday, June 6 and Saturday, June 7 at 8 p.m. Performances take place in the amphitheater of the Centennial Plaza. Audiences are welcome to bring their own food and drink, or to purchase snacks from the concessions tent. Recommended for middle school ages and up. Arrive early for a pre-show with Christian Academy performing youth Macbeth, starting at 7:15 p.m. As an added bonus, Friday nights’s performance also serves as the Round the Rock Instagram Summer Challenge Kickoff! FREE but donations are appreciated. Round Rock Amphitheater, 301 W Bagdad Ave, Round Rock.
- Round Rock Market Days (Round Rock) – Saturday, June 7, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Arts and crafts, food vendors, artisans, farmer’s market, music, shopping and fun all in one day! Come check out the new location. Centennial Plaza, 301 W Bagdad Ave, Round Rock.
- Staci Gray at Kaleidoscope Toys (Round Rock) – Friday, June 6 at 6:30 p.m. Every Friday night this summer (excluding July 4th), Kaleidoscope Toys will be providing family entertainment! This Friday, hear Staci Gray, an Austin-based children’s performer, whose original music gets kids to sing, dance and be just plain silly! Admission is FREE with one food item per person for the Round Rock Area Serving Center. Kaleidoscope Toys, 110 N IH 35, Ste 375, Round Rock.
- KIDFISH (Pflugerville) – Saturday, June 7, from 9 a.m. – noon. KIDFISH and Texas Parks and Wildlife have stocked 200 pounds of fish in Lake Pflugerville to boost the fishing experience for the event. Prizes will be awarded. FREE! On site registration required. South shore of Lake Pflugerville, 18216 Weiss Lane, Pflugerville.
- Cabela’s Kid’s Day (Buda) – Saturday, June 7, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The Buda store will have activity booths from more than 20 local outdoors organizations, a bounce house, sno-cones and dozens of free activities including archery, kayaking and fishing! The first 50 kids to catch a fish receive a free Zebo rod and reel. Cabela’s, 15570 S IH 35, Buda.
- Market Days (Wimberley) – Saturday, June 7, from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Wimberley hosts the oldest outdoor market in the Texas Hill Country and the second-largest in the state. The market features more than 475 booths of everything you can’t live without. Come stroll tree-shaded paths, listen to live music and shop to your heart’s content. FREE, but bring $3 – $5 for parking. 601 FM 2325 (directions), Wimberley.
You may also be interested in:
- Some City of Austin Pool Openings Delayed
- Photo Tour: 12 Splash Pads in Austin
- Saturday Morning Kids’ Shows at Strange Brew
- Blanco Lavender Festival
- Free Doughnuts on Friday
- Southwest Theaters Lake Creek 7 $1 Movies
- Austin Summer Guide
- 75 Fun Things to do in Austin This Summer
- I Love Austin – Summer Fun Checklist for Kids
Enter our giveaways:
- Mini Session with Cheri Hogan Photography
- Keratin Straightening Treatment and Haircut from Waterstone Salon
Check out our discount guides: