- Alamo Kids Camp – Friday, July 18, Saturday, July 19 and Sunday, July 20. See Annie at Alamo Drafthouse Village (2700 West Anderson Ln, Austin), Kung Fu Panda at Alamo Drafthouse Slaughter (5701 W Slaughter Ln, Austin) or Frankenweenie at Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline (14028 N US Hwy 183, Bldg F, Austin). Verify showtimes before heading out as they frequently change. All Alamo Kids Camp screenings are FREE! Tickets are available at the box office on the day of the show, and seating is first come, first served. No children under the age of 3 will be admitted. Families with loud children will be asked to leave.
- Music Under the Star – Friday, July 18, from 6 – 9 p.m. Bring your camp chairs and blankets (no coolers, please) and dance the evening away. The FREE Music Under the Star concert series features a fantastic line-up of Texas musicians who will play on the Bullock Museum’s Lone Star Plaza. This Friday, enjoy performances by Tish Hinojosa and Carrie Rodriguez. Park for FREE in the Museum garage after 6 p.m. Check the Bullock Museum Facebook page for weather updates. Bullock Museum, 1800 N. Congress Avenue, Austin.
- Zilker Summer Musical – Oklahoma! – Friday, July 18, Saturday, July 19, and Sunday, July 20 at 8:30 p.m. Set in a Western Indian territory just after the turn of the century, high-spirited rivalry between the local farmers and cowboys provides a colorful backdrop for Oklahoma!, one of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s most cherished collaborations. Zilker Summer Musical productions are FREE and open to the public. Bring $5 for parking in Zilker Park. Check the Zilker Theatre Productions Facebook page for weather updates. Zilker Hillside Theater, 2201 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Formula Sun Grand Prix – Saturday, July 19, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The 2014 Formula Sun Grand Prix solar car qualifying race at Circuit of the Americas is FREE and open to the public. Parking is FREE and concessions will be available for purchase. Watch the race from the stands, chat with the teams, and participate in additional educational activities. Circuit of The Americas, 9201 Circuit of The Americas Blvd., Austin.
- Art in the Park – Saturday, July 19, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Art in the Park will be a FREE, family-oriented, outdoor afternoon of creative activities for children to enjoy, including music, games, live painting, a miniature, interactive “Cathedral of Junk” project and more. Families with children ages 5-12 are encouraged to attend. Bartholomew District Park, 5201 Berkman Drive, Austin.
- Pooch Parade at The Blanton – Saturday, July 19 at 10 a.m. A festive jaunt through campus featuring humans, canines, and the leash that binds them together. All friendly, leashed dogs welcome! Please note that pets are not allowed in the museum. Service animals that assist with disabilities are the only animals allowed in the building. FREE! Blanton Museum of Art, Congress Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Austin.
- Whole Foods Ice Cream Social – Saturday, July 19, from noon – 3 p.m. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Sample delicious ice cream on the Whole Foods Market patio! FREE DIY ice cream sundaes for the kiddos, too! Whole Foods Domain, 11920 Domain Drive, Austin.
- Deep Eddy Movie Night: The LEGO Movie – Saturday, July 19 at dusk. Head to Deep Eddy Pool with your floats and favorite beach towel to enjoy a truly unique movie experience at dusk (approximately 8:45 p.m). Sponsored by Alamo Drafthouse. FREE with pool admission ($1-$4). For additional information, please call (512) 472-8546. Deep Eddy Pool, 401 Deep Eddy Drive, Austin.
- Frozen Day at Kaleidoscope Toys (Round Rock) – Sunday, July 20, from 1 – 4 p.m. Enjoy Frozen themed festivities including: pictures with Queen Elsa, Olaf Dice Game, Frozen glitter tattoos, make a snowflake, and play games. Admission is FREE with one food item per person. All donations will benefit the Round Rock Area Serving Center. Kaleidoscope Toys, 110 North IH-35, Ste 375, Round Rock.
- Austin Symphony Concerts in the Park – Sunday, July 20 at 7:30 p.m. Each Sunday, a different ensemble of the Austin Symphony will be featured at the Hartman Park, located on the grounds of the Long Center. This week, you can enjoy the Woodwinds ensemble. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring a picnic dinner and blanket and make it a group outing. FREE parking will be available at One Texas Center, located on Barton Springs Rd. at S. 1st Street. Paid parking will be available at the Palmer Garage for $7. Hartman Concert Park (directions), Long Center, 701 W. Riverside Drive, Austin.
You may also be interested in:
- Keeping Columbus Weird: A Daytrip to the Industrial Country Market
- Market Days at Springdale Farm in East Austin
- Glenwood Splash Pad in Hutto
- Texas Memorial Museum to Charge Admission
- Free Fun Calendar
And please enter our giveaways: