Looking for ways to fill your weekend with free fun? We’ve got you covered! Sing, dance, draw, create a poem mobile and more.
Weekend Top 10 Free Events in Austin:
- ART for All / ALL for Art – Friday from 6:30-9:00 p.m. Art for the People is coming together with Art from the Streets to create this special exhibition of art created by homeless and formerly homeless artists. FREE! Art for the People Gallery, 1711 S 1st St, Austin.
Free Trees for Austin Energy Customers – Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to Noon. Join TreeFolks for free trees and tree planting demonstrations. They are giving away 1,200 trees, including Mexican White Oak, Montezuma Cypress, Lacey Oak, Pecan, Texas Mountain Laurel,
Pomegranate, Satsuma, Pear, and Persimmon. All Austin Energy customers can get a tree, so bring your ID or utility bill and take home a FREE tree. One tree per person; first come, first served. Limit 5 trees per address. ACC Highland, 6101 Airport Blvd, Austin.
- Saturday Morning Drawing Salon – Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to Noon. Through these unique workshops, visitors will have an opportunity to draw from Elisabet Ney’s sculptural works in her very own historic artist studio. Each session is hosted by a Museum Educator and all materials are provided. Participation is FREE and open to everyone, regardless of age or level of experience. Elisabet Ney Museum, 304 E 44th St, Austin.
- Storybook Dance Making – Saturday at 10:00 a.m. Dance with your family, enjoy a reading of Beach House, and color the world. FREE! In.gredients, 2610 Manor Rd, Austin.
- MedSpring Urgent Care Grand Opening – Saturday from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Take a tour, meet the friendly staff, and pick up a FREE Tacodeli gift card. MedSpring Urgent Care, 7212 Burnet Rd, Austin.
- Summer Camp Fair – Saturday from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Choosing a summer camp for your child is an important decision. Austin Family Magazine’s 19th Annual Summer Camp Fair is a one-stop event where you can meet staff from local, state, and national camps for children age 4-8. There will be fun activities for kids, information for parents, and free camp giveaways. FREE! Palmer Events Center, 900 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Juntos Online Scavenger Hunt – Saturday from 1-4:00 p.m. The whole family is invited to an afternoon of online fun. Win prizes and learn to use different internet resources on your computer or smartphone. Plus, there will be snacks. FREE! APL – Ruiz Branch, 1600 Grove Blvd, Austin.
- Bake Austin Kids – Saturday at 2:00 p.m. Don’t miss this fantastic foodie event for you and your kids. Pascal Simon, local baker at Bake Austin, brings you Bake Austin Kids, an interactive and exciting cookbook for you and your loved ones. Join the fun to talk all things sweet–and there might even be some special desserts just for you to taste. The speaking portion of the event is FREE! To get a book signed, a copy of the event book must be purchased from BookPeople. Book People, 603 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- Los Reyes Magos Celebran Octavitas – Sunday from 2-5:00 p.m. Puerto Ricans are joyful people because their holidays start in November and last until the end of January! Los Reyes Magos (The Three Kings) are coming to Austin to celebrate Octavitas. Sing aguinaldos one last time and enjoy PRFDance performances. Bring the kids, the Reyes always bring gifts. FREE! Puerto Rican Cultural Center, 701 Tillery St, Austin.
- Community Art Sunday: Courageous Allies – Sunday from 2-5:00 p.m. It’s more important than ever to be an ally to your friends and neighbors, and this event features activities and performances that celebrate togetherness and positive change. Take a slice of a “pie social” with Peace through Pie; roll up your sleeves with DIY stamp-making and a Care Card creation station; experience a live performance of Creative Action’s The Courage to Stand; create a Poem Mobile centered on the theme of courage; take a “Refugee Journey”; fashion a Peace Promise Ribbon and then march with it alongside Moon Tower Brass Band; and enjoy free snacks. FREE! Creative Action, 2921 E 17th St, Bldg B, Austin.
Bonus Nearly Free Fun:
- Tet Festival – Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Tet is the most important celebration in the Vietnamese culture. It is an occasion for families and friends to reunite, to cherish the good memory of the past year, to share love and respect for each other, and to wish each other a great year ahead. This year’s theme will be “The Fire of Youth.” Tickets are $5 and may be purchased online. Kids under 8 get in FREE. Travis County Expo Center, 7311 Decker Ln, Austin.
More Events Beyond Austin:
- Happy Birthday, Rocksssanne (Round Rock) – Friday from 4-5:30 p.m. SSSomeone sssweet isss turning 20 yearsss old! Join the birthday celebration honoring the library’s pet snake, Rocksssanne. It’ll be a calm, come-and-go scene, just right for everyone’s favorite reptilian introvert. Enjoy refreshments, photo opportunities, and meet-and-greets with guests who can share expertise on reptiles, native snakes, and pet adoptions. FREE! Round Rock Public Library, 216 E Main St, Round Rock.