This week’s Weekend Top 10 FREE Events post is brought to you by ZACH Theatre’s The Three Little Pigs, showing weekends through April 25, 2015.
- Easter Egg Dye-O-Rama – Friday, April 3, from 12-4 p.m. The annual Easter Egg Dye-O-Rama will be held outdoors on the Neill-Cochran House Museum’s Centennial Terrace. Families and children of all ages are invited to enjoy an afternoon of holiday crafting and fun in the sun in the centennial garden and museum grounds. Never dyed an egg before? Come learn how! The Museum will provide all the materials you need (clean-up included!) FREE of charge in a fun, family-friendly environment. The museum will be open for tours and there will be games set up on the front lawn. Neill-Cochran House Museum, 2310 San Gabriel St, Austin.
- Easter Celebration at Montopolis Recreation Center – Saturday, April 4 at 10 a.m. The Egg Hunt begins promptly at 10:15 a.m. Please bring your own basket or bag. There will also be face painting, arts and crafts, games and information booths. Don’t miss out on your chance to win the Golden Egg prize! Over 25 baskets filled with goodies will be given out. FREE! Montopolis Recreation Center, 1200 Montopolis Dr, Austin.
- Hancock Hop-a-Palooza – Saturday, April 4 from 10 a.m. – noon. Bring your friends, family, and neighbors to join the fun at this year’s Community Easter Egg Hunt. Activities include: egg hunts, face painting, carnival games, Easter crafts, and pictures with the Easter Bunny. Pre-K Egg Hunt: 10:30 a.m.; K-5th Egg Hunt: 11:30 a.m. Don’t forget to bring your basket and camera! FREE! Hancock Recreation Center, 811 E 41st St, Austin.
- Easter Eggstravaganza – Saturday, April 4, from 10-11:30 a.m. This community-wide event for children ages birth-5th grade will feature inflatables, a petting zoo, tons of activities, and 15,000 Easter eggs. FREE! Riverbend Church, 4214 N Capital of Texas Hwy, Austin.
- Bethany Lutheran’s Children’s Easter Celebration – Saturday, April 4, from 10 a.m. – noon. Easter egg hunts for children and for toddlers start at 10:10 a.m. sharp with two areas. Bring a basket to collect your eggs. The Easter Bunny will make an appearance for visits and photos opportunities, so don’t forget your camera. Plus, children’s crafts, petting zoo, face painting, inflatables, and much more. FREE! Bethany Lutheran Church, 3701 W Slaughter Ln, Austin.
- South Austin Egg Drop – Saturday, April 4, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Egg hunts, petting zoo, bounce house, train ride, games, crafts, and food for the community. FREE! Sunrise Community Church, 4430 Manchaca Rd, Austin.
- Texas VegFest 2015 – Saturday, April 4, from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. The festival will take place at beautiful Fiesta Gardens on Lady Bird Lake. Local and national sponsors and vendors, educational lectures, cooking demonstrations, community outreach, a featured nonprofit, youth activities, fantastic food, craft beer, and live music are just a few of the activities Texas VegFest offers for everyone to enjoy! Admission is FREE! Fiesta Gardens, 2101 Jesse E. Segovia St., Austin.
- Easter Extravaganza – Saturday, April 4 from 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Join in a massive egg hunt and Easter Celebration for kids. Invite your family and friends and enjoy the egg hunt, train, bounce house, and more. Don’t be late – the egg hunts will start at 11 a.m. sharp! FREE! Austin Oaks Church, 4220 Monterey Oaks Blvd, Austin.
- Jo’s Coffee 16th Annual Pet Parade – Saturday, April 4 at noon. Austin’s beloved celebration of family, festivities and favorite four-legged friends is back! The parade will kick-off at 12 p.m. at Hudson’s Meat Market (1800 S. Congress) and end at Jo’s Coffee (1300 S. Congress). Watch the parade and enjoy FREE activities for the whole family, including a bouncy house, local vendors, the Easter Bunny, cotton candy and of course, pets in costumes! There will also be live music from the Andrew Nafziger Trio and the parade of 30 pets will be led by the Dead Music Capital Band. Grab a spot along South Congress or just wait for the party to come to you in the Jo’s Parking Lot. South Congress, Austin.
- Umlauf Family Day – Sunday, April 5, from 12-4 p.m. Enjoy fun Easter activities! Make a basket, decorate eggs, pet some cute animals! Refreshments by Juice Austin. There will be sculptures, stories, music, Easter egg hunts and more! Family Day is FREE and open to the public. Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum, 605 Robert E. Lee Road, Austin.
You may also be interested in:
- A Note About the New Site Design
- Easter Egg Hunts in Austin
- Don’t Miss Events in April
- Best Bluebonnet Fields for Family Photos
- Reader Recommended Parks
- Free Date Nights in Austin
Thanks to ZACH Theatre for sponsoring our Weekend Top 10! Tickets are on sale now for The Three Little Pigs, with shows this weekend on Saturday at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Take three little piglets, their devoted single-parent mom, and a misunderstood Big Bad Wolf, and you’ve got the perfect “Great Big Little Broadway Show” for audiences ages 3 and up. Filled with humor, this endearing tale will leave you squealing with glee and howling with laughter! Tickets: $15 youth, $20 adults. ZACH Theatre, Kleberg Stage, 1510 Toomey Road, Austin.