- Easter Eggstravaganza (Kyle) – Wednesday, April 1, from 5-8 p.m. The Kyle Parks and Recreation Department is bringing back the Easter Eggstravaganza by popular demand! There will be FREE carnival games, inflatables, food vendors, age-specific egg hunts, and the Easter Bunny will be on-site for pictures. Gregg-Clarke Park, 700 Lehman Rd., Kyle.
- A Night at the Opera – Wednesday, April 1 at 7:30 p.m. In its early years, The Paramount Theatre (then known as the Majestic) served as Austin’s grand vaudeville palace, hosting legendary live performers like Harry Houdini and The Marx Brothers. In celebration of its 100th birthday, the Paramount is proud to invite the Austin community to attend a FREE 80th Anniversary screening of The Marx Brothers’ most beloved film, A Night at the Opera, on glorious 35mm. Bring the whole family and pay tribute to a century of entertainment with a free night of madcap comedy the way it was meant to be seen! Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Paramount Theatre, 713 Congress Avenue, Austin.
- Community Easter Egg Hunt – Thursday, April 2 at 4 p.m. Children of all ages are invited to hunt for the thousands of eggs hidden around the Huston-Tillotson University campus during the Eighth Annual Community Easter Egg Hunt. The Easter egg hunt features a $500 scholarship prize egg, prize eggs for school supplies and gift certificates, and eggs with candy and coins. Children will gather in the Mary E. Branch Gymnasium for a brief meaning of Easter story time before joining their age groups and beginning the hunt. Huston Tillotson University, 900 Chicon St, Austin.
- Farmer Fred’s Spring Carnival (San Marcos) – Thursday, April 2, from 6-9 p.m. FREE admission. Enjoy egg hunts, prizes, candy, and games! Concessions and attractions are available for an additional cost. San Marcos City Park, 170 Charles Austin Drive, San Marcos.
- Easter Egg Dye-O-Rama – Friday, April 3, from 12-4 p.m. Families and children of all ages are invited to enjoy an afternoon of holiday crafting and fun in the sun in the centennial garden and museum grounds. This event is FREE and the eggs and supplies will be provided to all participants. Parents are asked to chaperone their youngsters at this event. Parking is available behind the museum, free of charge. Centennial Terrace at the Neill-Cochran House Museum, 2310 San Gabriel St, Austin.
And one bonus “by donation” event:
- Community Night at The Thinkery: Step Into Spring – Wednesday, April 1, from 4-8 p.m. Enjoy special performances and activities presented by the City of Austin. Entry is on a first come, first served basis. Special programming begins at 4:30 p.m. and includes a Frankentoy making station by the Tinkering School, glow in the dark pendulum, Psi Play interactive holographs, modern dance performances, a music and instrument “petting zoo” and animations by Divya Srinivasan. Admission is by donation only. The Thinkery, 1830 Simond Ave., Austin.
For more fun around town this week, check out our Free Fun Calendar!