- Night Crafters at Austin Public Library – Monday, September 28 at 6:00 p.m. Kids ages 5-10 will create crafts based on great picture books at Night Crafters Junior. Adults, age 17 and up, will learn crafting basics at Night Crafters. FREE! APL – Faulk Central Library, 800 Guadalupe St, Austin.
- The Daytripper Season 7 Premiere Party – Wednesday, September 30 from 6-8:00 p.m. Watch the premiere of The Daytripper’s East Austin episode and participate in a “Cans for Q” fundraiser. Bring a canned good to donate and receive some free Rudy’s brisket. Gather and eat at 6:00 p.m. Episode premiers at 7:30 p.m. There will also be raffles, trivia, and prizes. Open to the public; no tickets needed. Food and drinks available for purchase. Admission is FREE! Rudy’s Country Store & Bar-B-Q, 11570 Research Blvd, Austin.
- Round Rock Chalk Walk Arts Festival – Friday, October 2 from 5-10:00 p.m. (and Saturday, October 3 from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.). Art is the theme and chalk is the medium. Chalk Walk is the Round Rock Art’s version of an Italian street painting festival. Artists are free to create, with chalk pastels, a picture on the concrete. Drawings are created in full view of the public, who are encouraged to interact with the artists as they use their amazing talents to create beautiful “murals” before their audience’s eyes. Concert by Asleep at the Wheel starts at 8:00 p.m. FREE! Centennial Plaza, 301 W Bagdad, Round Rock.
- Festival de las Artes Latinoamericanas – Friday, October 2 from 6:30-9:00 p.m. (and Saturday, October 3 from 12-9:00 p.m.). Explore a multicultural display of cinematography, theater, literature, music, folklore, graphic arts, paintings, and architecture, as well as gastronomic samplings from each country. This event is supported by more than 40 local business, who will exhibit their products and services during the festival. FREE! ESB-MACC, 600 River St, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: Spy Kids – Friday, October 2 at 7:00 p.m. This year’s Movies in the Park series will kick off with Robert Rodriguez’s Spy Kids. Popcorn will be served beginning at 7 p.m. and the movie will start at dusk. Movie-goers are welcome to bring picnics and blankets but please refrain from bringing lawn chairs out of courtesy to other attendees. Rated PG. FREE! Mueller Lake Park Amphitheatre, 4550 Mueller Blvd, Austin.
For many more weekday events, be sure to check out What’s Up? Weekly!