- National Fossil Day – Wednesday, October 14 from 10:00 a.m to 4:15 p.m. Explore ancient Austin with FREE admission to the Texas Memorial Museum. View schedule of special activities here. Texas Memorial Museum, 2400 Trinity St, Austin.
- Poetry on the Plaza – Wednesday, October 14 at Noon. Claire Redcliffe from the touring Shakespeare company Actors from the London Stage will present a dramatic reading of Perchance to Dream, an exploration of sleep and dreaming in poetry. Light refreshments will be served. FREE! Harry Ransom Center, 300 W 21st St, Austin.
- Texas Radio Live – Wednesday, October 14 from 6-8:00 p.m. Texas Radio Live brings you the very best Texas music with performances from Texas musicians. This week, Dawn & Hawkes and Gary Graves perform. FREE but donations to support the KDRP Radio Mission are appreciated. Read about Catherine’s experience here. Guero’s Oak Garden, 1412 S Congress Ave, Austin.
- Community Halloween Carnival and Haunted House – Thursday, October 15 from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Trick or treat! Join the fun at the annual Metz Halloween Carnival. There will be FREE music, door prizes, and a costume contest (ages 0-12). Games will be 25¢ per ticket. Haunted house costs $1.00. Metz Rec Center, 2407 Canterbury St, Austin.
- Sunset Music Series – Thursday, October 15 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Family-friendly outdoor event featuring live music by Latasha Lee & The BlackTies, food trucks on site, plus kid friendly activities. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs. FREE! AISD Performing Arts Center, 1500 Barbara Jordan Blvd, Austin.
For much more weekday fun, be sure to check out What’s Up? Weekly!