Thanks to KXAN for sharing our Top 5 FREE Weekday Events! Spend the last week of October enjoying five days of free fun:
- Night Crafters – Monday, October 27 from 6-7:30 p.m. Are you an adult interested in crafting? Then this program is for you! October’s project will be Halloween paper crafts. All supplies will be provided. You’ll learn how to make coffins, black cats, ghosts, and other fun spooky boxes out of paper. There will be lots of Halloween candy and stickers to fill and embellish. You know you want to cut paper and use glue sticks. Here’s your chance. Adults only, please. FREE! APL – Faulk Central Library, 800 Guadalupe St, Austin.
- Dia De Los Muertos Mask Painting – Tuesday, October 28 from 3-7:00 p.m. Bring the kids out to the SFC Farmers’ Market East for Dia de los Muertos mask painting. They’ll have all kinds of paper masks, paints, feathers, and accessories for you to get creative with. All you have to bring is a little Halloween spirit. FREE! MLK & Miriam Ave, near M Station, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: Beetlejuice – Wednesday, October 29 at 7:00 p.m. Bring your blanket or lawn chairs and a picnic dinner for a fun and relaxing evening under the beautiful Austin night sky. Rated PG. FREE! Wooldridge Park, 900 Guadalupe St, Austin.
- Creative Action Kid’s Ball – Thursday, October 30 from 6-8:00 p.m. Treats, family-friendly activities, and dancing! Discover more about kindness, strengths, treasures, and creativity. Families are invited to build their own costumes through fun, interactive stations. The Kid’s Ball will also feature an original dance created by Creative Action students and Teaching Artists. Plus, dancing and grooving to Austin favorites, White Ghost Shivers. FREE! Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- Circuit of The Americas Austin Fan Fest – Friday, October 31 from 5 p.m. to Midnight. The three-day festival returns this year with three stages of live performances as well as food and drinks from local restaurants, pubs, food trucks and artisans. There will also be interactive displays and simulators, an X Games-style action-sports zone, activities for kids and families and much more. View entertainment schedule here. FREE and open to all ages. Downtown Austin (map).
For many more free weekday events, check out this week’s What’s Up? Weekly!