- Family Movie Night: Shrek – Tuesday, May 12 at 6:30 p.m. Rated PG. FREE! APL – Twin Oaks Branch, 1800 S Fifth St, Austin.
- Puppet Show Storytime – Wednesday, May 13 at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy an over-the-top puppet show performance that will leave everyone giggling for hours. BookPeople’s very talented performers will be doing a lively rendition of the adorable book The Three Little Pigs & the Somewhat Bad Wolf. FREE!BookPeople, 603 N Lamar, Austin.
- Taming of the Shrew – Thursday, May 14 and Friday, May 15 at 8:00 p.m. From the battle of the sexes to the marriage of true minds, Austin Shakespeare transforms The Taming of the Shrew to Austin of the 1890s, where city folk and cowboys collide. Bring a picnic and a blanket and enjoy Shakespeare under the beautiful evening skies across from Barton Springs Pool. Post show audience/actor discussions after each performance. Check the Austin Shakespeare Facebook page for weather updates. FREE! Zilker Hillside Theater, 2201 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- WCSO Concert: Out of This World (Cedar Park) – Friday, May 15 at 7:30 p.m. Journey to the final frontier and the land of the Hobbits. Listen to the Williamson County Symphony Orchestra perform themes from: Apollo 13, Battlestar Galactica, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Star Wars, Superman, The Wizard of Oz, plus, Mysterious Journey by Composer-in-Residence, Dr. Daniels. There’s definitely something for the whole family – concert goers of all ages will enjoy this evening in the park. FREE! Elizabeth Milburn Park, 1901 Sun Chase Blvd, Cedar Park.
- Movies at the Lake: Big Hero 6 (Kyle) – Friday, May 15 at 8:00 p.m. The City of Kyle Parks and Recreation Department has a movie screen that is 20′ wide by 12’6″ tall and measures 282″ diagonally! Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, and snacks. Movie begins thirty minutes after sunset. Rated PG. FREE!
Lake Kyle Park, 700 Lehman Rd, Kyle. Location changed to Gregg-Clarke Park.
For the full list of weekday fun, check out What’s Up? Weekly!