- Fiesta del Grito – Tuesday, September 15 from 5-10:00 p.m. Join Austin’s celebration of Mexican Independence Day on the south steps of the Capitol. ‘Grito’ at 9 p.m. FREE! Texas State Capitol, 1100 Congress Avenue, Austin.
- Diez y Seis Celebration – Wednesday, September 16 from 5-7:00 p.m. Celebrate Mexico’s independence from Spain with FREE piñatas, tortilla making, hot dogs, homemade salsa contest, raffle prizes, and more. Parque Zaragoza Recreation Center, 2608 Gonzales St, Austin.
- Texas Radio Live – Wednesday, September 16 from 6-8:00 p.m. Texas Radio Live brings you the very best Texas music with performances from Texas musicians. This week, Flying Balalaika Brothers and Nash Hernandez Orchestra perform. FREE but donations to support the KDRP Radio Mission are appreciated. Read about Catherine’s experience here. Guero’s Oak Garden, 1412 S Congress Ave, Austin.
- Third Thursday at The Blanton– Thursday, September 17 from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. In addition to offering free admission, The Blanton is open late and offers a variety of activities from yoga to live music. Find the complete schedule of events here. FREE! Blanton Museum of Art, 200 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: Pitch Perfect – Thursday, September 17 at 8:15 p.m. Movies in the Park is a series of free films brought to you by the Austin Parks Foundation, and presented by the #1 movie theater in America, the Alamo Drafthouse. Dogs, picnics, and lawn chairs are welcome. Rated PG-13. FREE! Beverly S. Sheffield Northwest District Park, 7000 Ardath St, Austin.
For more free weekday events, be sure to check out What’s Up? Weekly!