- Trailer Food Tuesdays – Tuesday, June 9 from 5-9:00 p.m. Sample the delicious food trucks of Austin in one convenient, gorgeous location while listening to family-friendly live music by Ruby Jane and Wood & Wire. Bring your picnic blanket, friends and family, and enjoy the biggest Trailer Food Tuesdays season this city has ever seen. Preview this month’s trucks and trailers here. FREE! The Long Center, 701 West Riverside Dr, Austin.
- Joe McDermott Concert (Round Rock) – Wednesday, June 10 at 10:00 a.m. Summer Reading at Round Rock Public Library is back, and Joe McDermott is helping everyone celebrate. FREE! Prete Main Street Plaza, 221 E Main St, Round Rock.
- Nature Nights: Plants – Thursday, June 11 at 6-9:00 p.m. What plants do I eat? How can a plant help us? Come learn these answers at the first Nature Nights of the summer. Take a hike in the gardens with experts to learn more about native plant life. Commander Ben will be bringing his Invasive Hunter Academy to help teach kids of all ages about the invasive plant species around Central Texas. He might even know of an invasive plant that is edible. Austin Public Library will have a story time in the Little House. Go on a scavenger hunt around the gardens. FREE! Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, 4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin.
- Something for Nothing Presents Henry the Fourth Part 1 – Thursday, June 11 and Friday, June 12 at 8:00 p.m. Shake out your picnic blankets for a night of Shakespeare under the stars. William Shakespeare’s Henry the Fourth will be performed with minimal props, costumes, and lighting, focusing on storytelling and the rich language of Shakespeare. Performed by a cast of 12 actors, most portraying multiple roles, Henry the Fourth concludes at a brisk two hours. FREE! Ramsey Park, 4301 Rosedale Ave, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: The Little Mermaid – Thursday, June 11 at 8:30 p.m. Movies in the Park is a series of free films brought to you by the Austin Parks Foundation, and presented by the #1 movie theater in America, the Alamo Drafthouse. Dogs, picnics, and lawn chairs are welcome. Rated G. FREE! Republic Square Park, 422 Guadalupe St, Austin.
For many more weekday events happening around Austin, check out What’s Up? Weekly!