A big thanks to KXAN for sharing our picks for this week’s top free weekday events in Austin:
- Rhythm on Stage – Tuesday, July 8 at 7:00 p.m. Enjoy free dance lessons from Ballet Austin’s Butler Community School on the Meredith Family Stage in Dell Hall. Dance instruction begins at 7:30 p.m. This week, learn Bollywood dancing with Prakash Mohandas and Divya Dinakar, then dance until 9 p.m. FREE but RSVP is requested here. The Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- Blues on the Green – Wednesday, July 9 at 8:00 p.m. This year marks the 24th of the annual concert series KGSR’s Blues on the Green, consistently ranked as a top annual entertainment event. Zilker Park will be filled with thousands of people, blankets, lawn chairs, families and music lovers. This week, enjoy live music from Grupo Fantasma with Greyhounds. FREE! Zilker Park, 2100 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Nature Nights at the Wildflower Center – Thursday, July 10 from 5-8:00 p.m. One of the most popular Nature Nights is back: Snakes! Hear famed University of Texas herpetologist Travis LaDuc dispel myths and celebrate snakes. The Austin Reptile Service will be the main attraction with a diversity of live snakes. Go on a habitat hike in search of snake evidence with City of Austin Park Ranger David Papke. The Horned Lizard Society touts the praises of the “horny toad”, a threatened species in Texas. Thanks to H-E-B, admission will be free all day on Thursday, as well as during Nature Night. FREE! Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, 4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: Monty Python and the Holy Grail – Thursday, July 10 at 8:30 p.m. Rescheduled twice due to weather. Third time’s the charm! Bring your blanket or lawn chairs and a picnic dinner for a fun and relaxing evening under the beautiful Austin night sky. Rated PG. FREE! Republic Square Park, 400 W Guadalupe, Austin.
- Zilker Summer Musical: Oklahoma! – Friday, July 11 at 8:30 p.m. Set in a Western Indian territory just after the turn of the century, this high-spirited rivalry between the local farmers and cowboys provides a colorful backdrop for Oklahoma!, one of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s most cherished collaborations. FREE! The City of Austin charges $5.00 per car for parking in Zilker Park. Zilker Hillside Theater, 2201 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
For even more weekday fun, check out What’s Up? Weekly!