- The Wine Down – Tuesday, July 7 from 5-7:00 p.m. TRACE will be on-site providing food samples. Music by The Deer will be emceed by KGSR. Check out pop-up shops and merchandise giveaways from retailers around the 2nd Street neighborhood. FREE! ACL Live at The Moody Theater, 310 Willie Nelson Blvd, Austin.
- Trailer Food Tuesdays – Tuesday, July 7 from 5-9:00 p.m. Find several of Austin’s favorite food trucks in one convenient, gorgeous location! Order dinner and listen to family-friendly live music by MilkDrive. Bring your picnic blanket, friends and family, and enjoy the biggest Trailer Food Tuesdays season this city has ever seen. Preview this month’s trucks and trailers here. FREE! The Long Center, 701 West Riverside Dr, Austin.
- Hillside Summer Concert Series – Tuesday, July 7 at 7:00 p.m. Head to the hillside for free, live music every Tuesday in July. This year’s hosts are Joe Morales and Jerry Avila. The official DJ is DJ Lil Sharky. Hear live music by Canonazo and Big Band Tejano. Bring the whole family, blankets, canned drinks, and lawn chairs, but please leave glass and radios at home. FREE! A.B. Cantu/Pan American Recreation Center, 2100 E 3rd St, Austin.
- Music Under the Star – Friday, July 10 from 6-9:00 p.m. Bring the whole family, camp chairs, and blankets to enjoy live music by Brownout and Sweet Spirit. Concessions available for purchase. FREE! Bullock Texas State History Museum, 1800 N Congress Ave, Austin.
- Hairspray – Friday, July 10 at 8:15 p.m. Zilker Theatre Production’s summer musical is a cherished Austin cultural event. The 57th Annual Zilker Summer Musical, Hairspray, winner of 8 Tony Awards including Best Musical, is a high-energy musical comedy phenomenon that will have the whole Hillside on their feet. Set in 1962 Baltimore, this musical is chock full of dazzling, toe-tapping production numbers and soulful rhythm and blues. FREE; donations greatly appreciated. Be sure to bring $5 if you plan to park in Zilker Park. Zilker Hillside Theater, 2201 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
For many more weekday events, check out What’s Up? Weekly!