- Rhythm on Stage: Videodance, Michael Jackson’s “Bad” – Tuesday, July 21 at 7:00 p.m. Rhythm on Stage, in partnership with Ballet Austin’s Butler Community School, is back for its 4th year. Be a part of Austin’s only instructional dance series that invites you to take center stage in the Long Center’s Dell Hall. Doors open at 7:00 p.m. Dance instruction begins at 7:30 p.m. Stay and dance until 9 p.m. FREE! Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- Americana Memories Film Screening: Jaws – Wednesday, July 22 at 6:30 p.m. The Americana opened as a state-of-the-art theater in April 1965. When it closed in April 1987, it was the last single-screen theater in town. The building reopened as the Yarborough Branch in January 1999. Celebrate this history with a summertime screening of Jaws. Rated PG. FREE! APL – Yarborough Branch, 2200 Hancock Dr, Austin.
- Blues on the Green – Wednesday, July 22 at 8:00 p.m. KGSR’s Blues on the Green returns to Zilker Park with FREE, live music. Take your blankets or lawn chairs and join in the fun. This week, it’s Bob Schneider with Walker Lukens. Zilker Park (east end where Lou Neff Road wraps around), 2100 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Free Admission to The Blanton – Thursday, July 23 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Check out the brand new exhibition, Natalie Frank: The Brothers Grimm. And, don’t forget to pick up a free Art Quest scavenger hunt for kids. Admission on Thursday is always FREE! Blanton Museum of Art, 200 E MLK Jr Blvd, Austin.
- Nature Nights: Birds of Prey – Thursday, July 23 from 6-9:00 p.m. For this final Nature Night of summer, listen to experts from the Blackland Prairie Raptor Center who will bring their raptor ambassadors along to discuss issues concerning the future of birds of prey. Travis Audubon, The Girl Scouts, and Kairos Academy will each be there with a fun activity. FREE! Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, 4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin.
For more free weekday fun, check out What’s Up? Weekly!