Catch our top five picks for free weekday fun in Austin every Monday morning on KXAN! Here are some of the exciting events you can look forward to this week.
- Trailer Food Tuesdays – Tuesday, July 19 from 5-9:00 p.m. Sample the delicious food trucks of Austin in one convenient location featuring the best view in town. The downtown skyline is the backdrop as 14-16 of Austin’s finest food trailers roll on to the City Terrace. Add family-friendly live music and Austin’s Best Downtown View, and you’ve got a huge hit. Bring your picnic blanket, friends, and family. View the music and food truck lineup here. This event is FREE with food and drink available for purchase. The Long Center Terrace, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- Summer Concerts In The Park (Cedar Park) – Wednesday, July 20 from 7-8:30 p.m. Bring a picnic and your blanket or lawn chairs to enjoy the sounds of summer from Zach Willard Band. FREE! Cedar Park Recreation Center, 1435 Main St, Cedar Park.
- Sound & Cinema: Master Pancake Presents Footloose – Wednesday, July 20 at 8:00 p.m. Sound & Cinema 2016 features unique pairings of classic movies with a diverse array of local musical guests. Each band plays a musical tribute to the night’s movie, followed by a screening of the film on the Alamo’s giant inflatable outdoor screen – all against the backdrop of the Austin skyline. This week, watch Master Pancake present Footloose with music by The Urban Achievers Brass Band. Rated PG. Food trailers will open by 6:00 p.m. with food and beverages available for purchase. The sunset concert will begin at 8:00 p.m. The movie will immediately follow (around 9:00 p.m., or right after sunset). FREE! Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- SCORE! Music, Movies and Mayhem – Thursday, July 21 from 8-11:00 p.m. The Texas Archive of the Moving Image (TAMI) invites you to an evening of music, movies and mayhem. Join TAMI as they debut SCORE!, a first-of-its-kind creative community collaboration featuring vintage films from their archival collection paired with live soundtracks scored by local Austin bands. The FREE flicks kick off at dusk with the swinging sounds of the Casa Loma Playboys and continues with the Moonsicles. The festivities wrap up with the Dead Music Capital Band. Pan Am Park, 2100 E 3rd St, Austin.
- Movie Night at Community Cinema: Jurassic World (RSVP) – Friday, July 22 at 8:00 p.m. Grab chairs and a blanket, bring family and friends, and enjoy a special screening of Jurassic World. Arrive early to explore Community First! Village, pick your spot, and enjoy your favorite movie snacks. Candy, popcorn, water and sodas will be available for purchase (cash only). Concession sales and tips help Community First! friends who will be serving you to earn a modest living income. Event begins at 8:00pm, movie begins at sundown. FREE with RSVP. Community First! Village, 9301 Hog Eye Rd, Austin.
For much more weekday fun, check out What’s Up? Weekly!