- Quiet Company In-Store Performance – Tuesday, February 24 at 5:00 p.m. Celebrate the release of Austin’s own Quiet Company’s fourth full length record, “Transgressor.” FREE! Waterloo Records, 600A N Lamar, Austin.
- Homeschool Day at the Bullock Museum – Wednesday, February 25 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Featuring the La Belle shipwreck and special exhibition La Belle: The Ship That Changed History, this day is reserved specifically for Homeschool families. Meet archaeologists and other experts who are reassembling La Belle, take special classes geared toward STEAM learning, collect educator resources, and more. Museum exhibitions and all programs are FREE for Homeschool families on this date. Homeschool families can also receive school group rates for films in the IMAX Theatre and Texas Spirit Theatre. Click here to RSVP. Bullock Texas State History Museum, 1800 N Congress Ave, Austin.
- Texas Radio Live – Wednesday, February 25 from 6-8:00 p.m. Texas Radio Live brings you the very best Texas music with performances from Texas musicians. This week, hear Max Frost and Lauren Silva. FREE, but donations to support the KDRP Radio Mission are appreciated. Read about Catherine’s experience here. Guero’s Oak Garden, 1412 S Congress Ave, Austin.
- Thinkery at the Library – Thursday, February 26 from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Youth ages 8-14 can create electric circuits, learn to craft with redstone in Minecraft, and participate in fun physics activities. FREE! APL – Windsor Park Branch, 5833 Westminster Dr, Austin.
- People’s Gallery Opening Reception – Friday, February 27 from 6-9:00 p.m. Celebrate Austin’s creative talents in this exhibition featuring artworks by over 100 artists and special exhibits from United Way for Greater Austin, AISD Creative Learning Initiative students, and Art in Public Places. There will be a special musical performance by One Ounce Opera and the Ginger Armadillo food truck will be parked on site offering food for purchase. Family friendly and FREE! Austin City Hall, 301 W 2nd St, Austin.
For 50 more events happening this week, check out What’s Up? Weekly!