- Free Admission to The LBJ Presidential Library – Monday, February 16 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. To ensure President Johnson’s wish for the library to “be available to all,” entrance fees are waived on several days during the year, including Presidents Day. FREE! LBJ Presidential Library, 2313 Red River St, Austin.
- National Anthem Auditions (Round Rock) – Monday, February 16 from 6-9:00 p.m. The Round Rock Express is holding auditions for 2015 National Anthem performers. The preferred performance style is traditional military-style in 90 seconds or less. Additionally, performers with musical instruments are welcome to try out. The audition order will take place on a first-come, first-served basis; fans will receive a number after they have turned in their registration form. FREE! Dell Diamond, 3400 Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock.
- Mardi Gras at Central Market North – Tuesday, February 17 from 6:30-9:00 p.m. Urban Achievers Brass Band plays part two of Central Market’s New Orleans-style Mardi Gras celebration. FREE! Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- Tiny Tails to You Storytime – Wednesday, February 18 at 10:30 a.m. If you’re a fan of chinchillas, bunnies, ducklings, guinea pigs, chickens, and stories then you’re in luck. Tiny Tails to You Petting Zoo will read stories and introduce some of the cutest, softest, most adorable little creatures in Austin. What a wonderful way to make new friends. FREE! BookPeople, 603 N Lamar, Austin.
- Third Thursday at The Blanton – Thursday, February 19 from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. In addition to offering free admission, The Blanton is open late and offers a variety of activities from yoga to live music. Find the complete schedule of events here. FREE! Blanton Museum of Art, 200 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin.
For 50 free events happening this week, check out What’s Up? Weekly!