- Family Story Time at The Bullock – Monday, August 17 at 11:00 a.m. Where will your imagination take you? At Family Story Time, 2-6 year olds will enjoy a FREE experience just for them with hands-on activities, stories, songs, games, and more. This week, get up close and personal with Texas reptiles, brought to you by Austin Reptile Shows. (Exhibit admission is not included.) Bullock Texas State History Museum, 1800 N Congress Ave, Austin.
- Outdoor Movies at Amy’s: Toy Story & Toy Story 2 – Monday, August 17 at dusk. It’s time for the back to school double feature. Rated G. Fun for the whole family! FREE! Amy’s Ice Creams, 5624 Burnet Rd, Austin.
- Sound & Cinema: The Sandlot – Wednesday, August 19 at 7:30 p.m. Sound & Cinema 2015 features unique pairings of classic movies with a diverse array of local musical guests. Each band plays a musical tribute to the night’s movie, followed by a screening of the film on the Alamo’s giant inflatable outdoor screen – all against the backdrop of the Austin skyline. This week, watch The Sandlot with music by The Nightowls. Rated PG. The sunset concert will begin at 8:00 p.m. The movie will immediately follow (around 9:00 p.m., or right after sunset). FREE! Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- La Patisserie’s End of Summer Bash – Thursday, August 20 from 10-11:00 a.m. Join La Patisserie for their annual end of summer bash. There will be discounted pastries, activities for the kids, and FREE frozen treats to cool off in this summer heat. La Patisserie, 602 W Annie St, Austin.
- Unplugged at the Grove: Suzanna Choffel – Thursday, August 20 at 8:00 p.m. Join KGSR every Thursday for 24 consecutive weeks at the iconic Shady Grove for one of Austin’s longest running FREE concert series. Shady Grove, 1624 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
For more weekday fun, check out What’s Up? Weekly!