- HAAM Benefit Day – Tuesday, September 1. HAAM Benefit Day 2015 is a uniquely Austin event where businesses donate a portion of the day’s proceeds to HAAM to support musicians’ health. Musicians, most of whom are HAAM members, perform throughout the day at retail stores, outside stages, and more. The event runs from 6 a.m. to well past midnight and community members are invited to shop, eat out, listen to great live music and enjoy. View lineup and locations here. FREE!
- Texas Radio Live – Wednesday, September 2 from 6-8:00 p.m. Texas Radio Live brings you the very best Texas music with performances from Texas musicians. This week, Shinyribs and Ernie Durawa & Murali Coryell perform. FREE but donations to support the KDRP Radio Mission are appreciated. Read about Catherine’s experience here. Guero’s Oak Garden, 1412 S Congress Ave, Austin.
- Night Crafters: Botanically Dyed Wooden Beads (17+) – Wednesday, September 2 from 6-8:00 p.m. Call a sitter. It’s time to get crafty. This month’s Night Crafters will teach the eco-friendly crafter how to use botanical colors to dye beautiful wood beads, which will then be used to make a fantastic keychain. Receive a lesson in using berries and turmeric to dye wood beads and use a natural beeswax sealant to preserve and protect your new keychain. All supplies provided. Adults only, please. FREE! APL – Manchaca Road Branch, 5500 Manchaca Rd, Austin.
- Mike Flanigin In-Store Performance with Kat Edmonson and Jimmie Vaughan – Thursday, September 3 at 5:00 p.m. FREE! Waterloo Records, 600A N Lamar, Austin.
- Big Bird RC Aircraft Show – Friday, September 4 from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Join Austin Radio Control Association for their annual show. Watch giant scale aircraft burn up the sky. See everything from scale WWII aircraft to gigantic civilian 3D aircraft to real turbine jets. Bring the family and spend the day. FREE admission and parking. Austin Radio Control Association, 8705 Lindell Ln, Austin.
For 50+ more weekday events, check out What’s Up? Weekly!