- Alamo Kids Camp – Monday, August 25 – Thursday, August 28. This is the final week of Alamo Kids Camp! See a FREE screening of An American Tail at Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline (14028 N US Hwy 183, Bldg F, Austin), Babe at Alamo Drafthouse Village (2700 West Anderson Ln, Austin), or Corpse Bride at Alamo Drafthouse Slaughter (5701 W Slaughter Ln, Austin). Click on the links above for showtimes. All Alamo Kids Camp screenings are FREE! Tickets are available at the box office on the day of the show and seating is first come, first served. No children under the age of 3 will be admitted, except on Baby Day (Tuesday) when all ages are welcome. Families with loud children will be asked to leave.
- Family Movies: Muppets Most Wanted – Monday, August 25 at 4:00 p.m. While on a grand world tour, The Muppets find themselves wrapped into a European jewel-heist caper headed by a Kermit the Frog look-alike and his dastardly sidekick. Rated PG. FREE! Austin Public Library – Cepeda Branch, 651 N Pleasant Valley Rd, Austin.
- Free Admission at the Umlauf – Wednesday, August 27 – Friday, August 29 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This is the last week that the museum and garden will waive admission fees. Read about the Umlauf scavenger hunt for kids here. (Please note that the garden is closed on Monday and Tuesday.) FREE! Umlauf Sculpture Garden, 605 Robert E Lee Rd, Austin.
- Free Admission at the LBJ Library – Wednesday, August 27 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The LBJ Library and Museum will offer birthday cake and refreshments so that visitors can commemorate the birthday of Lyndon Baines Johnson. He would have been 106 years old. FREE! The LBJ Presidential Library, 2313 Red River St, Austin.
- Unplugged at the Grove – Thursday, August 28 at 8:00 p.m. This year marks the 21st Anniversary of KGSR’s Unplugged at the Grove. This week, Dale Watson performs. FREE! Shady Grove, 1624 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
For many more free weekday events, be sure to check out What’s Up? Weekly!