- UT Women’s Soccer v. St. Edward’s – Wednesday, April 8 at 7:00 p.m. Admission is FREE to all home spring matches. Myers Stadium, 707 Clyde Littlefield Dr, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: Guardians of the Galaxy – Thursday, April 9 at 8:00 p.m. Movies in the Park is a series of free films brought to you by the Austin Parks Foundation, and presented by Alamo Drafthouse. Dogs, picnics, and lawn chairs are welcome. Rated PG-13. Check the Facebook page for weather updates. FREE! Wooldridge Park, 900 Guadalupe St, Austin.
- Unplugged at the Grove: Jamestown Revival – Thursday, April 9 at 8:00 p.m. Help celebrate 22 years of free, live music by kicking-off the season with Austin’s own Jamestown Revival! Join KGSR every Thursday for 24 consecutive weeks at the iconic Shady Grove for one of Austin’s longest running free concert series. FREE! Shady Grove, 1624 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- ImprovEd Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew – Friday, April 10 at 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Love or Dominance? One of Shakespeare’s most hotly contested, yet widely performed, stories is brought to life by a troupe of youth players aged 8-13. Filled with girls dressed as boys, boys dressed as girls, and slapstick humor, help determine if Love or Dominance rules the day. You’ve never seen Shakespeare quite like this! For kids of all ages. FREE! Scottish Rite Theatre, 207 W 18th St, Austin.
- Taste of Austin – Friday, April 10 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This two-day, family friendly event will feature foods native to the city of Austin. A variety of culinary treats, professional chefs, and appliance brands will be showcased. Enjoy live cooking demonstrations, delicious food, games and prizes. FREE! Factory Builder Stores, 9715 Burnet Rd, Bldg 7, #100, Austin.
For many more free weekday events, check out What’s Up? Weekly!