Wait – what? Who said that?
If you did, no need for you to read on then. Everybody else, this is for you.
Whether you are a mom or dad, a grandparent or a caregiver, an Austin newcomer, an expecting, first-time, or been-there-done-that parent, we all want the best for our kids. However, we sometimes just don’t know where to start, where to look and where to find the help we need in order to pick the right daycare or preschool, to decide on where to send our kids to dance class or soccer practice, how to find a pediatrician or a specialist, where to get ideas for our little one’s birthday party, or to simply exchange experiences with other moms and dads.
“Parenting and taking care of kids (in Austin) just got a little easier.”
Wait – what? Who said that?
We did. We, the founders of Live Grow Play Austin and just a normal mom and dad of two preschool aged girls, who were all of the above (except grandparents) and who would have loved to have a site like LiveGrowPlayAustin.com to guide them through the first years of parenthood in Austin.
Luckily, we have many years of parenting ahead of us so that we will benefit from and give back to the Live Grow Play Austin community ourselves in the coming years.
Here’s What Live Grow Play Austin is all About:
- Live Grow Play Austin Directory: Find health and childcare providers, schools, camps, arts, music, sports, and other things to do in the 512. Best thing: you can search by age, category, and location.
- Live Grow Play Austin Ratings and Reviews: Read, rate, and review businesses listed in the directory and contribute to making Austin’s parents’ and caregivers’ lives a little easier.
- Live Grow Play Austin Community: Ask questions, provide answers, make new friends, get the scoop, buy and sell, or just join in on the conversations of moms and dads and caregivers just like you.
- Live Grow Play Austin Events Calendar: Don’t miss out on Austin’s oh-so-many events for the whole family and see what your fellow Austinites think about them.
Helping Local Businesses and Giving Back to the Community:
We love supporting local businesses (after all, we’re one too!). That’s why our services are effective and affordable for any size business, from the Mom and Pop Shop to big business.
We offer a Free Plan which includes a free business listing in our directory with the option to upgrade to our Basic Plan or our All Access Plan which allows for many additional cool features. Review and compare the benefits of our three plans here.
Nonprofit organizations receive an All Access Package at no charge. At the end of the year, we will donate 5% of our annual revenue to one of Austin’s children-oriented non-profit organizations, since we firmly believe that every child deserves to live, grow, and play.
Live Grow Play Austin Giveaway Extravaganza:
To show our excitement about the launch of Live Grow Play Austin and as a big Thank You for joining us in making parenting for Austin’s parents and caregivers a little easier, we’re giving away these awesome prizes to four new members:
- A $25 gift card to Blessed Babies Bowtique
- A Hop N Happy Summer Bounce Pass ($99 value)
- $100 Gift Card for Music and Movement Classes at Music Forever Music Together
- A Gift Certificate for a Themed Children’s Birthday Party at Either All Things Kids Store for up to 8 Children ($150 Value)
Oh, and since you can only win one of those great prizes, feel free to share the giveaway with your family and friends. Who knows, maybe your whole crew will win and you can swap prizes.
Birgit and Curtis Sund are the mom and dad of two preschool aged girls who were the inspiration for Live Grow Play Austin. Both Birgit, native of beautiful Germany, and Curtis, proud Nebraska Cornhusker, were newbies to Austin and new to parenthood at the same time and ever since have been facing a whole lot of questions on what to do to let their kids live, grow, and play in Austin. In order to find answers to those questions and to help other parents and caregivers out, they founded Live Grow Play Austin, a family guide to all things kids in and around Austin.