Discover the spooky side of Texas at the Bullock Museum’s family-friendly Halloween extravaganza, Spooktacular, on Friday, October 24, 2014, from 5-8 p.m. This free event will feature performances, games, interactive activities, art, and more for kids ages five and up.
This year, on the eve of the opening of special exhibit La Belle: The Ship That Changed History, it’s a pirate’s life for us — the Museum is celebrating buccaneers and other characters from Texas. Come in costume for a special prize, and enjoy a fun-filled night at the museum with your family!
- Discover the world of some of nature’s most feared creatures — reptiles — with shows from Austin Reptile Shows at 5:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m.
- Learn about the science of magic and optical illusions from Mad Science, plus enjoy a thrilling performance at 6:30 p.m. by the mad scientists themselves.
- See the spooky side of science with interactive activities provided by Girlstart, a nonprofit dedicated to empowering girls in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Explore three floors of Museum exhibits and uncover the mysteries of Texas, from shipwreck to a trail rides.
- Tiny Texans can enjoy Spooky Story Time scheduled throughout the evening.
Plus, decorate your own treat bag to use throughout the evening, take a Halloween picture with your family in a photo booth, visit with roving magicians, and much more!
For more information, visit the Bullock Museum website.
Bullock Texas State History Museum
1800 Congress Ave.
Austin, TX 78701
(Parking is free in the Museum garage after 5 p.m.)
Image credit: Bullock Museum