Looking for a great daycare, preschool, private school or homeschool program in Austin for your little ones? If so, then mark Sunday, October 16, 2016 on your calendar. That’s when the second annual SchoolFair ATX education expo is happening — and just like last year, it’s FREE (when you RSVP online by October 15) and full of can’t-miss info for parents and children.
SchoolFair ATX is an education fair in Austin that brings together more than 75 preschools, private and charter schools, homeschool options and enrichment programs from all over the Austin area. The event also offers free talks on everything from bilingual and multilingual education to charter schools, lab schools, AISD enrollment, STEM, homeschooling, and alternative schools for kids up to 6 years old.
The fair is open to the public, and children are welcome! Attendees can look forward to family-friendly activities to entertain the kiddos (such as a FREE bouncy house provided by Austin Bounce House Rentals!)
Top Five Reasons to Attend SchoolFair ATX:
- Get one-on-one face time with administrators from public and private schools all over the city. Ask questions, get a feel for the school, and even sign up your child on the spot!
- Families with young children of all ages are welcome. Whether you have an infant, a toddler, or a child in Pre-K or kindergarten, this event will help you explore educational options and opportunities for your child.
- Seasoned school administers and leading education specialists will be on hand. SchoolFair ATX offers free talks about different types of schools (charter schools, lab schools, AISD enrollment, STEM, homeschooling, and alternative schools), dual language, and more.
- Get bonding time with other parents. Meet other Austin-area parents going through the same school search process you are. Compare notes!
- It’s more than just schools. An array of fantastic exhibitors will be offering enrichment activities like swimming and soccer, services like physical therapy, and fun stuff like birthday party rentals!
Schedule of Events
Also — for more information about preschools in the Austin area, check out Free Fun in Austin’s 2016 Austin Preschool Guide! Free Fun in Austin teamed up with SchoolFair ATX to produce this free guide covering hundreds of Austin-area preschools.
Again, the cost of this year’s SchoolFair ATX event is FREE if you RSVP online by October 15, but it’s only $5 if you show up at the door the day of the event. Your entrance fee goes to a good cause, benefiting SchoolFair ATX’s charity partner, Sammy’s House, an Austin non-profit that provides services for children who are medically fragile and/or developmentally delayed. All SchoolFair ATX attendees are encouraged to bring paper supplies to be donated to Sammy’s House: Construction paper, printer paper, random stationery paper, envelopes, Post-Its, what have you — all paper office supplies will be gratefully accepted for donation to Sammy’s House.
See you at the expo!