Listen to this post with Alexa!
Food isn’t the only thing that can make your get together really shine. The holiday drinks you serve could also have your guests singing your praises. Since we like to keep things local here at Austin.com, we rounded up the best drink recipes from local bars and Austin based brands that you should serve up this holiday season.
Let’s start this holiday drinks list with two tasty recipes from one of our incredibly popular vodka brands.
Deep Eddy Pomegranate Martini
- 1 oz. PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
- 1.5 oz. Deep Eddy Original Vodka
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- .5 oz. Simple Syrup
Directions: Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass. Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with lemon zest.
Deep Eddy Cold Front
- 2 oz Deep Eddy Cranberry
- 4 oz Cranberry Juice
- 4 oz Simply Tropical Juice (can sub equal parts Orange Juice and Lemon Juice)
Directions: Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour over all ingredients in order, stir and garnish with a lemon wheel.
Desert Door Seasonal River Rita
Ingredients (serves 10, or all ingredients can be divided by 10 for a single serving):
- 15 oz Desert Door Original Texas Sotol
- 15 oz White Cranberry Juice
- 5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 2.z oz Agave Nectar
- Cranberries and Rosemary for garnish
- Salt (optional)
Directions: Add sotol, juices and agave to a pitcher or punch bowl and stir vigorously. Top with frozen cranberries and fresh rosemary. Add ice just before serving or leave out for guests to self-serve. Prepare glasses with a salt rim if desired.
Desert Door Sotol Cider
Ingredients (serves approximately 20-30 guests, served warm or cold):
- 2 bottles of Desert Door Original Texas Sotol
- 3 oz Mulling Spices
- 1 gallon Apple Cider
- 1/4 cup Honey
- A few sprigs of Rosemary
- Fresh Ginger
- Orange Slices
Directions: In a pot, simmer on low your mulling spices, cider, honey, rosemary and ginger. If serving cold, let rest and then refrigerate until desired. If serving warm, keep pot on lowest heat setting until it’s gone. Pour 2 oz of Desert Door per mug or rocks glass and top with cider. Garnish with orange slices if desired.
Desert Door Hot Toddy
- 2 oz Desert Door Oak-Aged Texas Sotol
- Juice from half of a Lemon
- Honey to taste
- Black Tea Bag
Directions: Start tea kettle. In a mug combine sotol, honey and lemon. Add 8 oz boiling water and submerge tea bag. Stir and leave bag to steep for 3-5 minutes. Remove tea bag and enjoy.
Javelina Bar Austin‘s Jalapeño Cornbread Martini
- 1oz. Tanteo Jalapeño Tequila
- 3/4 ounce sweet cream corn puréed
- 3/4 oz egg white
- 3/4 oz butterscotch
Directions (as advised by Javelina Bar’s Jubs LeFleur): Dry shake egg white in a shaker for 30 shakes. Combine remaining ingredients with ice, shake and strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with a jalapeno slice.
Punch Bowl Social‘s Friendsgiving Frenzy
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 4 oz pumpkin pie spice syrup*
- 6 oz oz Teakoe orange octane tea
- 4 oz Old Forester Bourbon
- Garnish with pretty mint spring and craisins
Directions: Mix all ingredients in a tin. Add ice and shake vigorously for 7 seconds. Strain into a bunch bowl. Add ice, garnish, and enjoy!
*Ingredients to make the Pumpkin Pie Spice Syrup:
- ½ cup pumpkin pie spice (4 parts cinnamon, 2 parts nutmeg, 1 part ground ginger, 1 part ground Allspice
- 2 liters simple syrup
- Bring simple syrup to a light boil and pull off heat, add spice, mix and let sit for one hour. Strain through cheesecloth and set to cool
Houndstooth MLK‘s Monty’s Cup (Mocktail)
- 2 oz. Masala Chai
- 1.5 oz. Unfiltered Honeycrisp apple juice
- .50 oz. Vanilla Syrup
- 1 oz. San Pellegrino
- Glass: Tulip
- Garnish: Orange Peel
Directions: Build in glass giving a quick stir, top with ice, garnish and enjoy.
And here’s a bonus Tanteo Tequila drink:
Mexican Spiced Apple Punch
- 12 oz. Tanteo Jalapeño Tequila
- 16 oz. Apple Juice
- 6 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 6 oz. Agave Nectar
Directions: Mix ingredients in an ice-filled medium size punch bowl. Stir well and add apple wheels and cinnamon sticks.
May these holiday drinks make for an even happier holiday here in the Austin. Cheers!
All photos provided by aforementioned bars and brands.