Make plans to attend the Sacred Springs Powwow in San Marcos on Saturday, October 11, 2014, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. This event will celebrate the Native American culture that has been part of the San Marcos area for thousands of years. Admission is $3 per adult, or a donation of two cans of food for the food bank. Children, students, elders, and veterans get in free.
- 10:00 a.m. – Blessing at the shores of the Sacred Springs, Dr. Mario Garza
- 11:00 a.m. – Gourd Dancers | White Shaman Panel lecture in tipi
- 12:00 p.m. – Grand Entry of all Native dancers in regalia
- 1:00 p.m. – White Shaman Panel lecture in tipi
- 1:30 p.m. – Special contest: Youth & Tiny Tots
- 2:00 p.m. – Honor Dance for Tomblin Family
- 2:30 p.m. – Aztec drum and dancers in arena; White Shaman Panel
- 3:00 p.m. – White Shaman Panel in tipi, Yakona screening
- 4:15 p.m. – White Shaman Panel lecture in tipi
- 5:00 p.m. – Honor Dance for Powwow Committee
- 5:45 p.m. – Closing Prayer
- 6:00 p.m. – Shuttle trolleys will accommodate everyone at closing.
For more information, please visit the event website.
(previously Aquarena Center)
921 Aquarena Springs Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666
(For a map, click here.)