Austin Public Library is partnering with the City of Austin Music & Entertainment Division again this summer to offer a variety of music performances as part of the Summer Reading Program. Kids and families are invited to the Music for Kids series where local musicians of different styles and genres will be performing at different Austin Public Library branches. This year the ATX Music Division has also added Music for Littles for the youngest audience- toddlers and preschoolers.
2014 Music for Kids Schedule:
Lucas Miller, the Singing Zoologist
- Sunday, June 22 at 2 PM Faulk Central Library
- Tuesday, June 24 at 4 PM Old Quarry Branch
- Saturday, June 28 at 2 PM Yarborough Branch
- Tuesday, July 1 at 2 PM Cepeda Branch
- Tuesday, July 15 at 4 PM Twin Oaks Branch
- Wednesday, July 16 at 2 PM Little Walnut Branch
Neal Kassanoff of the Groundwork Music Project
- Monday, June 16 at 2 PM Spicewood Springs Branch
- Monday, June 23 at 4 PM Howson Branch
- Thursday, July 10 at 2 PM University Hills Branch
- Wednesday, July 16 at 2 PM Hampton Branch at Oak Hill
And, if you have younger kids, bring your toddlers and preschoolers to Music for Littles:
Gina Chavez, Indie Latin-folk Songstress
- Friday, June 20 at 11 AM Windsor Park Branch
- Friday, June 27 at 11 AM Terrazas Branch
- Tuesday, July 1 at 11 AM Carver Branch
The Austin Public Library also partners with ATX Music to add local music to the library’s collection. You can find a list here.
For more information, visit the Austin Public Library website.