Listen to this post with Alexa!
Just because we’re having a socially distant summer doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy a date night in Austin!
We asked Mariel Fernandez to share some date ideas with us. This week she shows us how to have a magical movie night in your own backyard right here in Austin!
Austin.com is and always has been a site that celebrates and promotes the unique people and places of Austin, TX and surrounding cities. Though many businesses, locations, and events are closed at this time, we continue to highlight those things so that you can plan to experience them in the future.
Got a yard? Then this week’s date night is for you! We’re hosting a backyard movie night complete with popcorn, nachos, and your favorite theater snacks!
My husband and I invited two couples over for a triple date night of movies and snacks in our own backyard. We started setting up while there was still light. The boys set up the projector screen and prepped the rest of the stuff to make this date night fun and easy!
Here’s what you need for a successful backyard movie night:
- A big screen projector, an inflatable or self-standing projector screen, and a device to play or stream your movie of choice.
- Popcorn, nachos, and any other movie theater snacks (we love Dollar Tree snack finds for theater style boxed candies).
- Drinks! You might even consider setting up a small area for your drinks by using a bar cart.
- Waterproof blankets for the lawn. You can use a tarp or an old picnic table cover from Dollar Tree and place it under your regular blanket and voila, everything on top of your blanket stays dry.
- Your loved ones (for us that included our dog Maxwell).
- A happy and grateful attitude!
There are companies where you can rent these items per day. Make sure they deliver touch-less and you pay cashless too. We found that Ruckify does just those things to help keep you safe. You can rent the “Movie Night Bundle” which includes a high-quality projector, 10-foot self-standing projector screen, and movie theater style popcorn machine.
Click here for an extra $25 to go towards a Ruckify rental!
Ruckify drops off and picks up all the gear!
You can also purchase an inflatable screen at Walmart if you find that you’ll be doing these backyard movie/ sports parties more and more.
It took us longer to pick the movie we wanted to watch than it took to set everything up. Anybody else have that problem?
This date night was so much fun. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it as much as we did!